Confirmed - infra_red_dude is REAL. I talked to him over phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
I know infra_red_dude (Anirudh - the guy behind mac4lin) for long, but was not sure whether he is real :D I mean he is always very nice and helpful in the forum. Whenever I come across any computer related questions, I used to bug him always by email, chat etc. I thought no human can be that nice and helpful (oh well, what are all things some old people have to write to get a treat !) and I was thinking there might be a group of expert people behind the username - infra_red_dude.

It happened two weeks back, mobile phone rang and as I was very busy (eating an ice cream actually) my wife attended the call and in her usual FBI tone she asked - Who is this That might have frightened infra as there is already a threat from the hardware dealers. After the extended verification process, wife gave phone to me and we talked for some time.

It was very nice talking to him, he was very lively and joyful. It was really great talking to someone who is an online friend. We (the uncle group in TD forum - Din, Charan etc) had a secret plan of kidnapping him- as he didn't give us a party yet, but he somehow came to know about it and booked return tickets to US immediately ! So we couldn't work out the plan this time, but no problem, we will do it next time when he come.

For those who didn't get the head or tail of this post - infra is a very senior member here who help others a lot. He was one of the finalist for the Sourceforge awards (for his software - mac4lin). He is in USA rt now.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
online people are real , i was also not believing that anyone can be real but i met nagpurdamunda and believed that he is real (and alive) :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL @Din you could have asked Me or Mehul if he was for real :p, I had met him a long time back. This was when mehul had come to bangalore for attending FOSS.in, it was a real problem for me.. ( two LinBoys and one WinBoy :( ). And Yes .. we could not kidnap him this time.. next time we wont fail :twisted:

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Oh no, you people took it seriously !!

I never suspected hes real or not ! This post was just for fun only.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey Din! It was a pleasant surprise to hear your voice too :) It'd have been nice if we'd managed to haf a get-together. Unfortunately, I couldn't extend my stay. Sometime later, surely! :)

And me and Charan uncle keep talking frequently. I know he's for real. I've been to his home and his family has isolated him for being a geek! LOL :D (ok.. just kidding! :)))

It was long ago.. maybe about 4 years ago or so, I'd met Pradeep Chauhan (he's no longer active here but I guess his ID still exists). This guy is a hardcore GNU/Linux user and was doing his Masters at IISc. He's also a Major in the Indian Army. He took me around the geekiest of the labs in India. It was a great meet.

The other guy I met was Sriram K R (the guy behind www.techslash.com, again he's no longer active here). More people I met were chicha (Krishna) and Santosh (acesantosh). Its really nice to meet people whom you know through online mediums :)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Cool, yes it is really nice meeting people whom we know online.

The only person I met in real (from TD forum) is Neville uncle (NukleusKore). That was in Mangalore. It was really a nice time.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hmmm... Interesting.
Some people say online world cannot exceed(get into real world). If we try it sure can exceed the barriers of IM's & Email's.

I have met a few guys here from Digit Forum namely Tech$oft, Rohan_Shenoy, Confused, Rhitwick, Vishal Gupta(Not the askVG one), techsoftmax, obfuscate_k, sorceror, mihir. It feels good to know the geeks in person. It feels great to spend time out with these geeks who exhibit unique(hatke) nature in real life than what they exhibit on forum. ;)

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Hmmm... Interesting.
Some people say online world cannot exceed(get into real world). If we try it sure can exceed the barriers of IM's & Email's.

Totally agree with you. Even without meeting people in real, it (online friendship) helped me a lot. I am referring the wiki website. I was so happy seeing the support and effort by a lot of members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom