Configuring internet conn in suse 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
I am using Suse 9.1 and hav triband internet connection, and is connected to ethernet. How to configure the connection (plz give exact procedure).

coolblue

Broken In
zegulas said:
I am using Suse 9.1 and hav triband internet connection, and is connected to ethernet. How to configure the connection (plz give exact procedure).

Try /usr/sbin/pppoeconf in the terminal. I have kubuntu and my internet is working so fine!, even better than in XP! Hope this helps:)

coolblue

Broken In
zegulas said:

Try /usr/sbin/pppoeconf in the terminal. I have kubuntu and my internet is working so fine!, even better than in XP! Hope this helps:)

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
can anyone specify me the exact procedure?
The things mentioned above are not working!
Anyone using MTNL's Triband and has installed Suse9.1 plz help!

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Dont u ppl read what i am typing, plz give me exact procedure (coz i am new to linux and dont know anyting about it). Dont tell me to try this and that, plz give the exact procedure! O.K.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
K sorry , this is for Modem config - Go to Kppp in the internet section and in its configure button enter and go to modems tab and there u will find a gonfigure part, choose ur port of COM for the modem (that is, the location where its installed) and then click ok and try querying the modem, if unsuccesful try some other port and repeat...

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Are yaar i am not using dial-up, i have high speed broadband, it uses the lan port.
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz read what i have written before!!!!Plzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! :evil:

sba

Journeyman
Can you tell us the model of the modem you have been supplied with? Also what are the settings that you are using in Windows. Like what DNS server and all...

Also, while you are at it...open a Konsole window. You should be able to open it by clicking on an Icon that looks like a black window. It should be there on your taskbar. Now type "adsl-setup" with quotes ("). Insert the information you have been provided by MTNL like DNS etc. Then in the same window type "adsl-stop" and then "adsl-start"...again without quotes. Now type "adsl-status"...tell us the output you get.

Now try browsing whether you are able to do it or not. Also SuSE comes with Yast...it is probably known as SuSE control Center or something like that. Have a look in it and see if you can find something.

sba

Journeyman
If the adsl commands don't work then try the command provided by coolblue. try typing /usr/sbin/pppoeconf in the same konsole window. btw all these commands need to be typed as root. to do this open a konsole window and then first type "su" (without quotes) and then give your root password. then execute all the commands i gave you.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
bsnl dataone is up and running in FC4. i start and stop wid the commands adsl-start and stop. but i would like to haf a dialer kind of thing which will haf a graphical interface. which will show me the details and status of the connection. is there any software available? i tried wvdial/kppp but these are only for dial ups...plz help. i searched for this topic but cudn't find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom