configuring home network on huawei wa1003a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi team,

Just wanted to know whether it's possible to configure a local home network on huawei wa1003a that comes with dataone broadband?
I do not know what to call this thing - is it a modem or a router?
My intention is to play games like nfs on lan using wa1003a and also to connect to net. I have a desktop and a laptop.

Any links/help would do a great deal of help.
Thanks a ton.
Aman

slugger

Banned
dat is an ADSL modem, no good 2 setup a LAN [AFAIK, actually]

u need 2 buy a hub [alon wit a LAN card tho] 2 connect more than 2 comps or just 2 Lan card if 2 comps 2 b connected

search d forum for settin up a home network

Literally TONZ & TONZ of thread on dis topic available on d forum

serendipiti

Journeyman
o yes its very much possible to set up a home network connecting your lappy to the router wirelessly and the desktop to the router through ethernet cable...search vinuthomas.com...there was an article/post about configuring it for home networking...I in fact setup my own network...can connect to my lappy thru my desktop(can play music files on lappy thru winamp on my desktop) but not vice versa..seems there's some problem!But one thing's clear ...networking is POSSIBLE.

slugger

Banned
OOPS!! didnt know dat wa1003a is a wireless modem, shud have checked it out first :rolleyes: :rolleyes: b4 postin

my mistake i apologise

serendipiti

Journeyman
Slugger...it's OK yaar no need to apologise!But cud you help me out in my prob?I have succesfully configured the networking..the laptop acn't access desktop(some access denied message is coming up!)but i access the laptop from desktop..and the two computers can be seen from the workgroup of each other!

OP
I

imagineer_aman

Broken In
serendipiti - i had the same prob. for the wireless network config. so i bought a crossover ethernet 5m cable that cost me 50Rs. The computers have got connected and i successfully pinged them. However, when I try to play nfs underground 2 under lan option, i am unsuccessful. :(

Too Bad - just found out that there may be a problem with crossover :(
*support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/...jQ3NSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom