Configuring AirTel GPRS - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Its still available for the old users. Officially off for the new ones.
BTW, you back from Germany?

Pat

Beyond Smart
I have completed my engineering in IT. I am working for a MNC and am currently working on a project in Frankfurt :)

x3060

A LOTR fan
for airtel NOP am using
proxy:100.1.200.99
access point :airtelwap.com
thats all
on my htc p3400 ...it works well, infact am right now posting from it...all u need is proxy and access point...
well even i want to know if we can bypass the 2mb download limit

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Through Ucweb u can download more than 2mb.. I've downloaded files of upto 12mb.. Some claim to download upto 40mb..

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Airtel Live is the portal service and can be used to access only airtel web page.though some hacks used to allow ppl to surf on pc.

I really disagree with this, because Airtel Live do have the capabilities to surf internet without any limitations but charges will be higher than MO.

I personally surfed internet using Airtel Live settings about 5 months, so why sud I agree?

Pat

Beyond Smart
I really disagree with this, because Airtel Live do have the capabilities to surf internet without any limitations but charges will be higher than MO.

I personally surfed internet using Airtel Live settings about 5 months, so why sud I agree?

That was how it was in the past. Now all the sites open on Airtel Live and you are charged according to your download.

^^ so u sud be getting damn good download speeds in Frankfurt

Yea..I am on a 16 Mbps connection :D

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

its only recently that u can surf most websites thru Airtel Live but data transfer charges do apply.wat i was talking bout was true till sometime back.used that hack to surf from Airtel Live bout some 2yrs back.after that i shifted to PostPaid and MO.:)

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
That was how it was in the past. Now all the sites open on Airtel Live and you are charged according to your download.

But pat I am not getting charged since last four months.
ulimited download buddy, downloaded approx 100GBs of data using MO @ 10KBPS-24KBPS with utorrent.:)

its only recently that u can surf most websites thru Airtel Live but data transfer charges do apply.wat i was talking bout was true till sometime back.used that hack to surf from Airtel Live bout some 2yrs back.after that i shifted to PostPaid and MO.:)

not some websites, I was able to surf all of those sites which I do surf in system. anyway it was five months back activities.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
yeah some ppl get the benefits of system malfunction.
my cousin had activated Mo on his no but for 2yrs he wasnt charged for it in his bill.

Pat

Beyond Smart
But pat I am not getting charged since last four months.
ulimited download buddy, downloaded approx 100GBs of data using MO @ 10KBPS-24KBPS with utorrent.:)

Yes, as Pathik said the old plans still apply for existing users but not for new ones. So maybe yours is valid in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom