Configuring a new router in win 2003 dhcp server?

mocca33

Right off the assembly line
Hi, guys how are you doing?

I am working in a small company as network administrator. When I joined the company everything was configured by a former network administrator. Right now, I have some difficulties configuring a new Router in DHCP server. Let me explain it in detail.
Well, in this company there were not an internet connections until today but now the administration of the company bought a static DNS from ISP provider and told me that configure the Router to the DHCP server so that, all DHCP clients gonna have an internet connection because soon we will have a web application. right now, my problem is the DHCP server was not configured properly from the beginning because this server address (192.168.0.1) should be reserved to the Router. please Take a look the configuration that i have so far

IP Address = 192.168.0.1
Sub net = 255.255.255.0
Gate way = no
DNS = 192.168.0.1

The Address pool is starting from 192.168.0.20 -192.168.0.254

Now, my question is how can i configure the new Router in this subnet? what address should i give to the Router? the 2nd Question is, they told me it is public address. so, will i add this DNS to the static Routing in the Router or it is enough to add only in the DNS forwarders? please guys help me?

thanks

Top Bottom