Configuration for Gaming & 3D modelling PC.

somilgulati001

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I am planning to assemble a desktop (Full setup ,don't have anything). Currently I have a 3 year old laptop but it is not fit for my current requirements so planning for a desktop as it also have future upgrade options.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: The main purpose is for Gaming and 3D modelling, games like GTA V, FARCRY, Battlefield 4, COD series and will use software like Blender and Autodesk.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget is 1.2 lacs (fixed , not more than this)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:planning to buy Windows 10 OEM from snipped. I see they selling it at as low as 30$.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 TB 7200 RPM HDD and 120 gb ssd or m.2 for the OS and some applications, please suggest between ssd or M.2 not able to decide which one to choose. Will choose the better one if it comes in my budget.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Planning to buy a 1080p monitor and screen size>= 21 inch.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:This will be my first desktop, so do not have any components to reuse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:planning to buy in June 1st week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No, will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai, planning to buy everything from Lamington road or if getting a good deal from online stores.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am confused about the graphics card shall I wait for Nvidia Pascal or AMD new cards to launch in India or go with the current available cards in India.I have to assemble the PC by June 1st week or max I can extend it to the 2nd week.
Also I would like to go for Intel processor.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
"Waiting for Pascal", would definately be tge better thing to do.. But that wait is going to be a long one,3 months minimum.
Also please clarify some other points too.
1) At what fps do you plan on playing, also at what settings (ultra high med etc). Also would you be ready to trun down your settings to get some frame rate benefits?

2) Do you need a GSync monitor?

3) Will you prefer a an overcloable configuration, over a fixed one. Just in case you plan to overclock in future.

OP
S

somilgulati001

Hi shekharSHASHANK,

Thanks for your reply.
Below are the answers to your question -

1. I am planning to play at 50-60 fps in ultra or high settings. I can turn down to medium for very high resource demanding games to get this fps.

2. Gsync monitor I think will be very costly and my budget will not allow it. So will be fine with any other good quality 1080P monitor.

3. Will not be overclocking in future.

Thanks

Re: Configuration for Gaming & 3D modelling PC.

Budget - 123.2k (Modified) (Skylake Build)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 670024,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X3,000
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 311,900
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz DDR48,400
Graphics CardZotac GTX980 4GB DDR5 AMP Omega43,000
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 120GB4,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w6,900
CabinetCorsair 300R Windowed5,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 2TB10,500
Optical DriveLite-On DH-12B2SH 12x Blu-ray Writer5,500
Total1,23,200

All component prices in the table are taken from Shop Online In India for Processor, Motherboard, Graphics Card, Laptop, Desktop and More - Mdcomputers.i

Waiting for Pascal or Polaris is worth it

For now build the system without GPU & use it for 2 months

Or

Buy a mid range GPU like GTX750Ti for now, sell it after a few months & buy Pascal or Polaris card

- - - Updated - - -

A standard 22" 1080p IPS matte monitor will cost 10k

Cost cuttings:
You can buy i5 6500 for 16k instead of i7, get this motherboard instead(Gigabyte B150M-D3H, costs 7.5k), remove the blu ray writer or even opt for a lower storage (HDD)

OP
S

somilgulati001

Thanks anupam_pb for the above configuration.

I think I should wait for the graphics card and in the mean time I will build my PC without a graphics card.
For the monitor I am thinking of getting this one - Dell S2216​H , it is for around 9k . Do you have any other suggestion for the monitor I can invest some more money as from the above configuration 1 TB HDD is sufficient for me as I have 1 TB of external HDD, so will save some money there. I will also not be buying the Optical drive will save some money there also :) .

Can you also tell me if 620 watt Power supply will be fine for me , if in future I pick gtx 1080 or 1070.

Also please suggest any good Keyboard/mouse combo.

Thnaks.

Thanks anupam_pb for the above configuration.

I think I should wait for the graphics card and in the mean time I will build my PC without a graphics card.
For the monitor I am thinking of getting this one - Dell S2216​H , it is for around 9k . Do you have any other suggestion for the monitor I can invest some more money as from the above configuration 1 TB HDD is sufficient for me as I have 1 TB of external HDD, so will save some money there. I will also not be buying the Optical drive will save some money there also :) .

Can you also tell me if 620 watt Power supply will be fine for me , if in future I pick gtx 1080 or 1070.

Also please suggest any good Keyboard/mouse combo.

Thnaks.

Yeah 620W should be fine for GTX1080

For Keyboard combo, try this maybe... (I'm suggesting it because it looks good)
Amazon.in: Buy CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo Bundle (Red Edition) Online at Low Prices in India | Cooler Master Reviews & Rating

That one is red. Blue option is also available in the market, maybe green too

OP
S

somilgulati001

Thanks anupam_pb.

I am planning to go this sunday at lamington road for a price quote.
I have checked the prices on the internet, now will compare the price at the shop in lamington at Mumbai.

Once again thanks for guiding me.

Top Bottom