Configuration for a PC under 25K

Pferdestarke

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Mainly for web browsing, watching HD movies (bitstreaming through video card to my AVR) and MS Office. No gaming at all

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: <25000 INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have a Seagate 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have a DELL 22" Full HD LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD and Graphic card (Already have them)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week (In fact ASAP)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This build is going to be assembled my me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Vijayawada. Skylake i3 (6100) is not available yet here. Thinking to get the components from CTC Secunderabad.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:My last PC died a week back due to the puny Mercury PSU failure (BUrnt many components). So, thinking to opt for Antec PSU and Cabinet this time.

My requirements:
Core i3 (6200/4150)?
Motherboard
Cabinet(under 2500 INR)
PSU
Memory

Last edited:

Aakarshan

In the zone
Intel I5 4440 - 12000
Mobo Gigabyte B85M-D3H - 5500
PSU - AntecVP450 - 3000
Ram Kingston HyperX fury 4GB - 1500
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo - 800
Cabinet - Zebronics VENT - 1100

Total - 24,000 Rs.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 25.5k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i3 6100
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
Power Supply
Antec VP500PC
CabinetZebronics VENT
Optical Drive
Asus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total25,500

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
CASE: Cooler Master Force 500
Processor : Intel Core i3-4150 Haswell
Motherboard: MSI B85M-G43
RAM: G.Skill Value 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: CoolerMaster B-Series 500 Watt

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
Budget - 25.5k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i3 6100
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
Power Supply
Antec VP500PC
CabinetZebronics VENT
Optical Drive
Asus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total25,500

Thanks bssunilreddy for the recommendation. I couldn't find the skylake processors and compatible components for skylake in vijayawada. I'm thinking of visiting CTC this week for purchasing components.

Please recommend a configuration with skylake i5 as well.

Can you recommend me a shop in CTC that offers best price for the above components?

Thanks in advance!

Aakarshan

In the zone
Thanks bssunilreddy for the recommendation. I couldn't find the skylake processors and compatible components for skylake in vijayawada. I'm thinking of visiting CTC this week for purchasing components.

Can you recommend me a shop in CTC that offers best price for the above components?

Thanks in advance!
You will be better off buying a I5 not I3.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Thanks in advance!

Budget - 31.1k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 650014,600
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H7,000
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133MHz DDR43,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,100
CabinetZebronics VENT1,100
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total31,100

Go to Arun Computers, CTC, Secunderabad. Ask for Mr.Ramu, he will give best prices.
Also visit PL Computers and Swetha Computers for price comparison. Okay.

Aakarshan

In the zone
Budget - 31.1k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 650014,600
MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H7,000
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 8GB 2133MHz DDR43,500
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC3,100
CabinetZebronics VENT1,100
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total31,100

Go to Arun Computers, CTC, Secunderabad. Ask for Mr.Ramu, he will give best prices.
If you have the budget then this build is great.

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In

Thanks sunil. I have inquired these shops. They don't have skylake stuff as of yet. Please help me finding them in Hyderabad. Also, may I know where'd you get the prices you've mentioned in the quotes from?

Is it safe to purchase these components from online retailers like itdepot, md computers, etc?

Thanks again!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks sunil. I have inquired these shops. They don't have skylake stuff as of yet. Please help me finding them in Hyderabad. Also, may I know where'd you get the prices you've mentioned in the quotes from?

Is it safe to purchase these components from online retailers like itdepot, md computers, etc?

Thanks again!

In Swetha Computers there is one Moolchand who gave me the prices of the components. Ask for Moolchand and get the components from him.
All online retailers prices are at least 1k more than the local shops prices.

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
In Swetha Computers there is one Moolchand who gave me the prices of the components. Ask for Moolchand and get the components from him.
All online retailers prices are at least 1k more than the local shops prices.

Sorry for bothering you manier times sunil! Just enquired Swetha computers. The prices they've quoted are almost similar to those of "The IT wares". I'm a bit inclined towards ITwares because of negative reviews I've been hearing about Swetha computers. Is it safe to purchase from ITwares?

Thank you!

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
Hello Guys, Which motherboard should I prefer H110 or B150?

Is there any noticeable difference in performance/quality of components?

Also, I have heard Gigabyte boards may have BIOS issues. Which brand should I prefer? ASUS or GIGABYTE?

Thanks!

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hello Guys, Which motherboard should I prefer H110 or B150?

Is there any noticeable difference in performance/quality of components?

Also, I have heard Gigabyte boards may have BIOS issues. Which brand should I prefer? ASUS or GIGABYTE?

Thanks!
For an i3 anything will do, however bear in mind your motherboard is an important component of your computer and it's worth spending a little more on for the sake of reliability. Only buy from reputable brands and maybe not the straight up cheapest offer they have.

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
Finally got skylake'd

A big shout out to bsunilreddy and other fellow members on the forum for guiding me through the purchase process.

My Rig:
ProcessorIntel Core i3 6100 (using with stock cooler)
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B150 D3H
MemoryCorsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB 2133MHz
StorageSeagate Barrcuda 1TB
Graphic CardZotac Nvidia GT730 2GB DDR5
CabinetAntec X1-T
PSUAntec VP500PC
DVD RWLG GH24HNSC0
MonitorDell S2240L 22" IPS
TIMNoctua NT-H1

All components except for monitor (purchased it 4 months back) & Noctua NT-H1(purchased from prime abgb) are purchased from Arun Computers, CTC, Secunderabad. Got best prices from them.

Getting super cool numbers with Noctua NT-H1 (max temperature reached 53`C with full on multitasking)

Posting few pics of my rig:

Ready for assembling
IMG_4468.jpg

Transparent window (got these stickers from a local automotive sticker shop)
IMG_4604.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally got skylake'd
Congrats :)
If you don't mind I have couple of questions.
- May I know how much it costs for Proccy, MB & Memory?
- Is i3 6th better than i5 4th suggested by Aakarshan? (I likely to ask this question again to everyone before going for an upgrade, since you have decided i3 6th over i5 4th I am asking you).

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
- Is i3 6th better than i5 4th suggested by Aakarshan? (I likely to ask this question again to everyone before going for an upgrade, since you have decided i3 6th over i5 4th I am asking you).
i3 (all generations) is 2 cores and 2 HT cores
i5 (all generations) is 4 cores no HT

So yeah i5 4th is any day better than i3 6th

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In

Got the proccy for 8800, mobo for 7250, and paid 3500 for memory. Like ZTR said in his post above, i5 is better in terms of performance owing to the extra 2 cores.

Actually, my level of usage would be sufficed even with a pentium proccy but I took it to the core family with the entry level i3.

Planning to build an i7 based HTPC+gaming rig in next year.

i3 (all generations) is 2 cores and 2 HT cores
i5 (all generations) is 4 cores no HT

So yeah i5 4th is any day better than i3 6th

+1 to that mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Posting another pic of my rig

IMG_4609.jpg

DIY dust filter (used mosquito screen net material)

IMG_4611.jpg

Last edited:

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
is Gigabyte GA-B150 D3H board support DDR4 RAM?? but in Gigabyte website written Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L !! i am confusing.

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
is Gigabyte GA-B150 D3H board support DDR4 RAM?? but in Gigabyte website written Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L !! i am confusing.

Where have you checked the specs from? Here's the official specs GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-B150M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
They have both the versions, DDR3 and DDR4.
DDR3 version have the tag "DDR3" in the model name itself, like GA-B150 D3H DDR3

Top Bottom