Config Help: Office Projector Room PC

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Hello Everyone!

Good Day!

I have been given the responsibility to research and assemble a multimedia oriented PC for the office projector room.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office Use:

• Showing slides through projector
  • Showing fhd / hd videos through projector
  • Live video conference through webcam
  • Live Web Streaming to other students
  • MS Office
  • Outlook

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs. 30,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB to 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 20 - 24" Monitor. FHD is not a requirement.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Not sure at the moment. Will need complete config suggestion as of now.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Still in research stage, have to send the proposed config to my superiors. Then they will decide.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I will be assembling the system myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Online / Local = Wherever cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Yes, Need a PC capable of dual / multi display output. Simultaneous video output to Projector (D-sub/VGA) and monitor (HDMI or DVI-D).

Eagerly waiting for some suggestions!

Regards,
Abhishek Nama.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i3 4130 -7500,

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4GB -2500,

Antec VP450P -2600,

Dell E2014H 19.5" LED -6500,

WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000,

Circle CC818 Cabinet -2400,

Logitech MK200 -700.

TOTAL -30,700.

If you need a dedicated GPU then you can go with Sapphire R7 240 Boost 1GB DDR5 -5600.

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Thank you [MENTION=105611]bavusani[/MENTION] for the config suggestion.
Can you tell me the source of the pricing? Are they local CTC prices or online retailers?

Intel Core i3 4130 -7500,

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4GB -2500,

Antec VP450P -2600,

Dell E2014H 19.5" LED -6500,

WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000,

Circle CC818 Cabinet -2400,

Logitech MK200 -700.

TOTAL -30,700.

If you need a dedicated GPU then you can go with Sapphire R7 240 Boost 1GB DDR5 -5600.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you @bavusani for the config suggestion.
Can you tell me the source of the pricing? Are they local CTC prices or online retailers?

Some are local and some are online prices but normally local prices are cheaper than online prices if you can bargain on the total price.
I have the exact same config as suggested above bought from Arun Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.Ask for Mr.Ramu and tell that sunil has sent you.ok.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
do not spend 2400 on desi local brand like circle.get coolermaster elite 311.hyderabad is a big city so you should be able to get these components at mentioned prices.

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Some are local and some are online prices but normally local prices are cheaper than online prices if you can bargain on the total price.
I have the exact same config as suggested above bought from Arun Computers,CTC,Secunderabad.Ask for Mr.Ramu and tell that sunil has sent you.ok.

Thank you Sunil, will follow up with Mr. Ramu once the config is approved.

do not spend 2400 on desi local brand like circle.get coolermaster elite 311.hyderabad is a big city so you should be able to get these components at mentioned prices.

Thanks for the cabinet suggestion mate! I was thinking the same :p

Top Bottom