Config for 30K Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

saisrikar

Broken In
Hey Guys ,
Need a Config for a budget of ~30K without a Monitor and Graphic Card ( as i have a 22" viewsonic and a Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB and also a dell 19" screen and 8600GT 1 GB , i can pair it up with either of the Combo).
I need the system basically for gaming and Need help as i'm totally confused about which processor im supposed to go for. ( Prefer C2D Extreme and C2Quad )
Will be buying from bangalore so need to know the places where i can get good buys. Would be thankful if people from bangalore help me out in this front.

Thanks

acewin

Point Blanc
do not know much but most of the people will suggest you to go for AMD phenom based system
Proccy -- Phenom 2 X4 940 BE in 12K
a good 790FX mobo in around 7-8K(other board members will suggest you better than me for AMD)
DVD Burner if needed Sony/LG/Samsung SATA burners in 1.2K
HDD as you wish you get 1TB HDD in upto 5.1K

If no more upgrade for gfx card in near future then PSU -- Corsair VX450 in 3.8K
Coolermaster Elite 330/ Zebronics Reaper or Rage in 2-2.5K
Zebronics has released new PSU which are quoted as 80%, you can go for them also they are priced less than Corsair.

OP
S

saisrikar

Broken In
Exactly which motherboard are you talking about ?!?
My main concern is that i need the system to be future proof , atleast for a year or so and also i've heard some stories that 8800GT and AMD Processors dont gel together or something .... Cant Confirm the source , read about it somewhere a long time ago ...

acewin

Point Blanc
I checked in threads and found this
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Rs 8.7K quoted by someone on the board, I checked price for this mob as quiet a many people suggested it, now someone I hope can suggest for 8800GT in particular on amd processors, (I thought this issue was mobo or chipset issue nVidia not running good on ati chipsets and all but it being quiet old, more than 2-3 years back)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
There arent any more of those AMD+NVIDIA or Intel+ATi problems so just chill out.

Even I would suggest a PhenomX4 II 940 and 790FX mobo with 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM. Get a 1TB Seagate/WD drive or WD Caviar 640GB drive (whichever you prefer and whichever fits your budget). Get a Corsair VX450W PSU and a CM Elite 330 cabby with a LG H55n drive. If you want kbd+mouse, look at the Logitech Gaming G1 Desktop Combo and for speakers, get the BXR1121 from Altec Lansing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom