computer turns off suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
I have a P III, 1Ghz CPU, with Intel original 82815 motherboard and 128 MB Ram. My problem is that my computer suddenly turns off in the midst of some activity, like say playing a game or running a presentation. While the power led and the hard disk turn off the keyboard stills has its Num Lock etc. leds glowing. Even the led on the motherboard keeps glowing. To be able to work again I need to switch off the mains power and again switch on the computer. This has led to loss of unsaved data on several ocassions. Please help.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
SMPS

This happened to mea few days ago.The SMPS is faulty definitly.Before getting it replaced do check that RAM and all PCI cards are properly fit into their respective slots.
This problem has agin started bothering me because of extra load on my PC. I have a DVD writer, a seperate CD writer and a CD-ROM alond with allother things thus my SMPS blows up every month.In my case it is because of low voltage rating.In your case it might be because of voltage fluctuations or absence of a UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom