Computer Serious Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
I am facing a serious problem in my comp.
When i POWER ON the computer it gives loooooooong beep. The monitor doesnt displa. After 5-6 attempts the comp. booted but after the WinXP booting screen the blue screen appeared giving message that there is some problem with the nv4_mini.sys and to prevent futher damage to it the system needs to shut down. I again booted and the computer atarted fine , but after a 10-15 min. working on it some fine black lines appeared for a oment and everything froze-keyboard,mouse monitor.Everything. Please help me sort out this problem as i am going thru this cycle regularly.

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
wht to check abt it?
and plz tell all the components which i shud check.
Wht is cozing this?

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey there is a lost to check in you cabnet...
1) check if the hardisk Wires are correctly and tightly connected
2)remove the Ram From its slot and Use an eraser to clean the Goldplated part and them Install it.

And what you can do is Try Re-Installig the OS
*windows.radified.com/
*www.theeldergeek.com/clean_installation_of_windows_xp.htm

hope this helps!
reader

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
The whole problem seems to appear around the Graphics Card or display drivers. There are several possibilities -

Either the graphics drivers got corrupted or the graphics card developed a snag! Possibility of first option looks more!

Format your Hard disk(make a backup of whole data first) and then reinstall Windows with fresh driver installations of Graphics Card. Make sure the drivers are of latest versions and should support your graphic card!

Anyways still get your RAM and HDD also checked for errors!

susk21

Broken In
I think that it is a RAM problem. just change your RAM slot and check.Also, if your RAM slots are too close to processor, you can get mass amount of dust on your RAM slot.Try to clean it up using Vaccume cleaner. If still problem occours follow as written by "readermaniax".

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
it could be anything. so we will try to solve it step by step.

1)CHECK THE CABINET FOR HEATING SIGNS:-to do this simply to the BIOS after the blue screen apears 'n' check CPU temp,vcore voltage,system temp etc.see everything is fine

2)update ur os to sp2 if win-xp get the latest chipset,graphic & all drivers.see now it works fine.i sugest u to reinstall os

3) check ur RAM module, try changing RAm slot.
i now also u get the problem,check RAM module in other's comp.hope it works right there,else u have to change ram.IF NO OTHER COMP IS AVAILABLE:-download "MEMtest32" and TEST ur ram
also try cleanning the cabinet 'n' fix any loose wires.

IF THIS NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM PLS PM ME

regards,
gary4gar

danny

Right off the assembly line
hey check ur BIOS settings and if u know i repeat IF U KNOW check that th RAM are [placed firmly in their slots,cuz u said u had opened the cabinet for dusting.

good luck

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
Thankyou every one.
I did as most of u told.
I removedthe RAM and placed it again.
This solved the problem.
Agian thankyou everybody-------------
::vicky::
thadhanihemant