Computer reboots frequently - Please suggest a good CVT or UPS

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Voltage flactuated again and the computer did reboot (just like what it does when connected to Numeric UPS). Then I connected the UPS back. The PSU did not die.
I haven't heard any buzzing sound when the PSU was on inverter power. (But I get that buzzing sound from my external speakers when they are connected to inverter)

DID U SET THE INVERTER IN "UPS MODE" WHICH IS ON BACKSIDE. Of inverter

OP
P

Piash

Broken In
There is a "W-UPS/UPS" switch in back of the UPS. It is set as "W-UPS".
There is also another "NC/HC" switch. It is set as "HC".

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
try UPS mode.

In ups mode only changeover time will be less and reboots do not happen
---
Nc is normal charge, charges battery in 15-18hrs... More battery life but shortbackup in long powercuts
Hc is high charge, charges battery in 11-15 hrs...reduces battery life a bit but longer backup always

OP
P

Piash

Broken In
Thanks. I've changed it to UPS mode. I'm now working on my laptop. So, probably I'll not have time to test the desktop 24/7 before next week (don't want to copy stuff and come back again if it reboots again. Too busy this week.).

The inverter was set at HC form the beginning. It (and the battery) is more than 5yr old (the battery is not well maintained). Warranty period of the batt is over. The backup time is not good now. Probably 4/5 hrs. But now we have more load too.

Anyway, next week I'll see if this works and will post.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thanks. I've changed it to UPS mode. I'm now working on my laptop. So, probably I'll not have time to test the desktop 24/7 before next week (don't want to copy stuff and come back again if it reboots again. Too busy this week.).

The inverter was set at HC form the beginning. It (and the battery) is more than 5yr old (the battery is not well maintained). Warranty period of the batt is over. The backup time is not good now. Probably 4/5 hrs. But now we have more load too.

Anyway, next week I'll see if this works and will post.

It500 does not require that much maintainance..it is the BEST battery currently
Just check water level every 6 months
NC will prolong the battery life but less backup as it slowly charges

Im sure that it wont reboot

Top Bottom