Computer parts on flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
hi friends.

have a couple of silly questions.

i m shifting to bangalore in a couple of days, and plan to take parts(m/b,pro,ram and graphics card) from my pc here so that i can assemble a new one with the old parts. now my questions.

first, can i carry computer parts in my luggage? i mean, do i have to pay taxes or something, cos i dont have receipts or any papers of my purchases here.

next, since these parts wud be in my check-in luggage, is there any possibilty of damage due to xrays during security check (scanning)?

thanx in advance. and i hope some of u can stop laughing for a few moments to type in a reply.
:)
:confused:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
s_aerin said:
next, since these parts wud be in my check-in luggage, is there any possibilty of damage due to xrays during security check (scanning)?

Possible, Heavy Magnatic Machines may case damage, but u c, every product u bought did came with a Anti Static Plastic of Package like ine plastic of Mother board of HDD... pack every product in those Package :D

first, can i carry computer parts in my luggage? i mean, do i have to pay taxes or something, cos i dont have receipts or any papers of my purchases here.

Better asking the Company in which flight u are traveling :)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yes you can carry computer parts .

also take them in your hand baggage , better still in thermocol wrapping so that they don't get damaged .

OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yes you can carry computer parts .

also take them in your hand baggage , better still in thermocol wrapping so that they don't get damaged .
if i hv to take through security check, will they be damaged by scanning?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

May be u missed what I wrote :lol:

ME said:
Possible, Heavy Magnatic (Scanning and X-RAY) Machines may case damage, but u c, every product u bought did came with a Anti Static Plastic of Package like ine plastic of Mother board of HDD... pack every product in those Package

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Choto Cheeta said:
Possible, Heavy Magnatic Machines may case damage, but u c, every product u bought did came with a Anti Static Plastic of Package like ine plastic of Mother board of HDD... pack every product in those Package :D
clarification: anti static bag protects electronic components from stray electric fields not magnetic fields. also the x-rays that are used at airports for scanning don't damage electronics. if that was the case then you'd haf got a fried cellphone when it was checked at the cabin baggage x-ray scanner. but it doesn't happen so don't worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom