Computer Freezes On Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.anurag93

Broken In
Hi ,

For The Last Few Days My PC Would Freeze If Left For A Long Time,So I Had To Restart It By Unplugging It.Yesterday After I Unplugged It And Started It,It Failed To Start.

First It Showed Me A Message Saying Windows Was Not Shut Down Properly.I Choose Start Windows Normally After That The Disk Check Appears And It Freezes Exactly At Stage 2 Of 3 When Its 50% Complete.If I Skip The Disk Check.Then The Cursor Freezes In The Black Screen That Appears Just Before The Windows Logo.
Also Safe Mode Wont Work.It Hangs While Loading The Files.I've Also Tried The Other Options Like Last Known Good Configuration But In Vain.

I Tried Booting From The Windows Vista Disc,But It Wont Read The CD.(NOTE : My First Boot Device Is Set To CD ROM).

I Am Completely Helpless.Please Tell Me Whagt To Do.

Aspire

Padawan
First of all, try to post in the default font.

Now,
My PC Would Freeze If Left For A Long Time,So I Had To Restart It By Unplugging It
Using the Restart button on your cabinet would be surely better

First It Showed Me A Message Saying Windows Was Not Shut Down Properly.
Thats because you unplugged the power supply which is not at all advisable.

If I Skip The Disk Check.Then The Cursor Freezes In The Black Screen That Appears Just Before The Windows Logo.
Maybe you've got a bootable disc in the CD ROM?
Try pressing F11 / F12 and go to Boot menu and check the priorities there.

Finally, Stop Using Windows Vista and switch to Windows 7 or Linux !!

Last edited:
seems to me like a malware issue. use recovery disk to reset vista to factory settings(no other option seems viable here). You may try to install win7 on another disk in dual boot with vista and then update AV of win7 and scan Vista partition if you really want to use it.
@ Aspire : agreed. Upgrade to windows 7.

OP
C

cool.anurag93

Broken In
Thanks For The Replies Guys But Please Read The Post Carefully.I Can't Boot From Any CD (XP,Vista Or Windows 7).I Went In Bios By Pressing Del.Chose CDROM As My Primary Boot Device.Then Restarted My Computer.What Happens Is That "Boot From CD:_" Is Written At The Bottom,But After That "Press Any Key To Boot From CD" Does Not Appear And The Dash Just Keeps Blinking After Which The PC Suddenly Restarts.

After It Restarts It Displays "Windows Was Not Shut Down Properly" Or "Windows Failed To Start".After That I Chose "Start Windows Normally" And Then The Check Disk Scan Starts Which Always Hangs At 50%.If I Skip It Then The Mouse Cursor Will Just Freeze.

Also I Don't Unplug My PC I Turn It Off From The UPS Because The Button On My CPU Is Disconnected.

I've Tried Opening The CPU And Cleaning Off The Dust But It Didnt Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom