Computer audio has stopped working.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have a desktop with an Intel D102GGC2 motherboard. The audio has stopped working. Whether I attach speakers or the headphone to the front or back audio ports of the cabinet, there is no sound. The speakers and headphone are otherwise fine and work with other devices. The first thing I'd like to know is whether the fault is with the inbuilt audio or with the cabinet, since its an IBall cabinet and the USB ports are rusted. Where do I look inside Windows to find out that the audio drivers or whatever are working properly?

I told my computer repair guy about this and he straightaway suggested adding a sound card. How much would this cost and which one would you people suggest. I need a sound card that will run my F & D speakers (two speakers and a woofer). Its an old computer and I don't use it much. How about this one, is this an actual sound card? This is the first time I'm seeing such a thing:

Quantum QHM 623 USB Sound Card: Flipkart.com

:(

Knight2A4

In the zone
Depending on the operating system you are using mostly my computer>properties>Device Manager>Sound,Vedio & game controll> see weather you are able to see Realtek ALC883 audio there. This the audio used on your motherboard , Go to Controll panel Sound & hardware in sound click on manage audio device see if realtek ALC883 sit as the default Device or not Google more to get speceific information the above is based on windows 7 system. go to realtek site download the latest drvers & install them if the driver have gone bad or some thing.

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Before wasting money on sound card, do a clean OS install & install drivers that came with mobo only.

Top Bottom