compatibility problem - ComproVideoMate with Win XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_lover

Journeyman
Hi friends,

My delear told me that there are problems of compatibility of ComproVideoMate with Win XP SP2 and was pushing for a external Pinnacle (which is about Rs. 4000 more). I never heard of any such compatibility problem. The delear showed me a MS support site where a Pinnacle product was listed to have known problems with XP SP2. (No mention of compro though)
So I thought of checking with the experts here. Can anybody confirm this about compro?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Another one of those greedy and self centered dealers, who successfully misguide the buyers with little knowledge. There hasnt been any compatibility issues with the Compro Videomate PVR/FM and infact it is one of the best and cheapest tvtuner in the market right now. The pinnacle card which he *proved* to have issues in xp sp2 is pctv stereo, there is a small patch for it, so it wont be a problem to get over it. Dont go for the external usb based tvtuner if u intend to use it on your desktop pc. Go ahead with the Compro Videomate PVR/FM, should be withing 2k

baluthebear

Broken In
The Pinnacle PVR software has got a lot of bugs. Even the Tuner card is very of poor quality. Just last month I purchased a Pinnacle card and lost my head trying to configue it properly. Somehow I manged to configure it, but the TV reception was pathetic to say the least and the PVR software even worse. I took it back to the dealer in Lamington road I purchased it from and he was kind enough to take it back and he gave me a Videomate Compro PVR/FM card in exchange which cost Rs.1000 less than the Pinnacle and he gave me the refund of the difference in the amount. Installing the PVR software bubdled with the card was a piece of cake but what blew me was the exceptional picture quality that this card was able to render. Dont think twice the dealer is trying to push off the inferior Pinnacle card, go for the Compro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom