Compatibility of sapphire/XfX HD 5670 Graphics card

naneem

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I'm using an old pc with p4 (last version) in Intel101GGC - Motherboard. It have a PCI Express slot. Do the graphics card XfX HD 5670 work on my motherboard perfectly?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will work but what SMPS you have? & also don't buy XFX graphics card. better check & get Sapphire HD5670 512Mb. cheaper & comes with a bigger cooler.

akj_1989

I think you would have PCI-e v1 slot but it will work , though at reduced speeds as compared to v2.
And also, 5670 doesn't require extra power connector, so a very good smps is not required..

OP
N

naneem

Thanks Guys! So you are sure that i will not lose Rs.4700 If i buy one. right?
and it is difficult to find sapphire in kochi. xfx is available. Is it that much bad to switch from sapphire to xfx?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, XFX is also a very good brand.

But what PSU do you have..??
Mention its wattage...??
You require atleast a good 350W PSU. So, if your current generic/local PSU is 400W or less then change it and get atleast FSP SAGAII 350W at 1.5k.

Actually Aditya Infotech are FSP, Corsair, Palit and Sapphire distributers in India.
So, you can order FSP PSU and Sapphire GPU from them.
Go to the link below, search for your location and contact them.
Aditya Infotech Contact Us:
Aditya Infotech Ltd. HOME Page

saswat23

Human Spambot
BTW as you are using a very old system with P4 IMO 5670 will be an overkill. IMO you should go for Radeon 5570 at 4k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So you are sure that i will not lose Rs.4700 If i buy one. right?

HD5670 is the best graphics solution under 5k & i guess the XFX is a 1Gb unit. a 512Mb HD5670 performs just 2-3% slower than its 1Gb part. performance difference? negligible.

and it is difficult to find sapphire in kochi. xfx is available. Is it that much bad to switch from sapphire to xfx?

yup. Sapphire is hard to find in most part of India while XFX is freely available. problem with XFX card is only 1. it heats up badly. some does, not all.

& the distributor is Rashi. and it'll not accept the card for RMA & give vague reasons (if you ever need to claim warranty). so i'll advice you, stay away from XFX as long as possible.

BTW as you are using a very old system with P4 IMO 5670 will be an overkill. IMO you should go for Radeon 5570 at 4k.

Its surely an overkill..for a p4, a 9500GT is enough.A 9500GT or HD 4650 can handle any game supported in p4.

he can retain the card in case of an upgrade. also it'll be a bottleneck but at least the GPU will make certain games playable even if the proccy tried to hold it back.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@naneem: You should consider buying on-line if you can't find sapphire locally. Do you intend to upgrade your CPU+Mobo+RAM in the near future?

OP
N

naneem

@naneem: You should consider buying on-line if you can't find sapphire locally. Do you intend to upgrade your CPU+Mobo+RAM in the near future?
Less chances of upgradation in 'near' future!

Yup, XFX is also a very good brand.

But what PSU do you have..??
Mention its wattage...??
You require atleast a good 350W PSU. So, if your current generic/local PSU is 400W or less then change it and get atleast FSP SAGAII 350W at 1.5k.

Actually Aditya Infotech are FSP, Corsair, Palit and Sapphire distributers in India.
So, you can order FSP PSU and Sapphire GPU from them.
Go to the link below, search for your location and contact them.
Aditya Infotech Contact Us:
Aditya Infotech Ltd. HOME Page

I have a problamatic PSU with 350W. Already planning to change it. I'll put up 400W. Hope its fine!

Top Bottom