Compatibility of Phenom 955 with M4A785T-M

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
The motherboard ASUS M4A785T-M provides 125 Watt power, which is same as the TDP of AMD PHENOM 955 BE.
My query is that will the mobo be capable of handling the CPU when it is overclocked to nice 3.6-3.8 ghz on aftermarket HSF.
Or should I go for a 140W mobo??
Any comments on ASUS M4A785T-M??? (apart from the fact that it is micro...9.6 x 9.6 inch)
P.s- No other brand of mobo is available at the place where I live.
Thanks in advance.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
cant you order online?

WHOA!
The time it takes for your reply, jaz bhai, is faster than the time it takes for stupid airtel mobil office to redirect me to same page.
:)
No. I cant order online.
But please answer this question, how bad is this mobo??
Thank you once again for that quick reply.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
look i wont recommend. see this - Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard and see feedback, they have probs of overheating northbridge and ethernet port. and some have of VIA chipset and some of low amount of ram compatibility.

yaar these days you wont get asus free of problems.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ mobo is good. features is good. the problem it provides free of cost is "Best". i not talking for only this motherboard. whole Asus mainstream (highend 2X plagued) motherboard lineup got problem. 1st: audio. the VIA audio have serious problem in Win7 usually (experienced by a member here). 2nd: ram. many times, dual ch fails to run (gives BSOD. visit newegg. open any AM3 Asus & it should have at least 1 comment with such an issue). 3rd: the heatsink used are best looking in its class but don't be fooled by looks. some heatsink (the northbridge) heats so bad, Fermi gets shamed. 4th is PCIe X 16: this is rare still i pointing. some card doesn't work in Asus board. cause the PCIe X 16 is faulty. last, most important & extremely common (forum filled with this issue), the retention bracket comes off the board. just search the forum (or browse 3-5 page of HW Q&A) and you'll come across at least 2 such issue.

now its your call.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Actually, its for my friend/bro who's stuck with it.
I, toadfrog, own an m48tdv-evo,
I have the same northbridge heating problem. Seriously, i can fry an omlet there.
But I dont have a single fan on my cabinet, so I cant be certain.
Regarding retention bracket, its scares the sh!t outta me everytime I change the HSF.
I have a single ram stick so i cant tell.
Pcie 16x is working fine but I am eager to crossfire it with 4x one to see in depth.

@all,, can you guys put up the best mobo for the following
brands.
Asrock-
Foxconn-
msi-
gigabyte-
zotac-
(rofl, intel)-

Top Bottom