Compaq Audio Driver (win xp) for c797 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber_ral

Broken In
I re-installed windows xp on a compaq c797vu laptop & installed all the drivers.. The audio driver also installed properly but refuses to work and there is no sound! Win xp was originally installed on the laptop. The driver is Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver. pls help!!!

bikram_singhy

Broken In
SOLVED!! Re: Compaq Audio Driver (win xp) for c797 laptop

here is the solution for Sound problems on C797vu

my friend got Compaq c700 C797vu

as with all laptops no drivers for XP, i have been doing this driver making for certain laptops for my friends, so i knew this will now be easy as experience make a man perfect... ;)

the chip used is Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221

download the sound drivers from here

*utils.hns.net.in/drivers/hp/772tu/ConexantHDAudio 221_XP.zip
or
*www.4shared.com/file/56393097/ac5d28f0/ConexantHDAudio_221_XP.html
or
*www.mediafire.com/?dg0cmmkm4y4

then extract the drivers

go to the extracted

edit the file WiSVHe5.inf in notepad

under section

[Conexant]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C30CD
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C30D6

past this as the third line

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Hermosa5051.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C30D9

NOTE: there is no space in SUBSYS i dont know why the forum is giving space in this.. compare this with data already present in the 'WiSVHe5.inf' file under heading {Conextant]

No go to device manager right click on Audio device under unknown devices click properties>>drivers>>update drivers and browse to the extracted location of drivers and click ok..

in short update your audio drivers from this new location

VIOLA now your sound will work file...

HP and Microsoft both are PUSHING VISTA to all customers irrespective whether they want it or not...

Very very bad no their parts and BAD BUSINESS ETHICS ..
Some one in Business or LAW please teach them how to behave and respect majority and to force people to buy their products..

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I USE LINUX......

bikram_singhy

Broken In
Download Drivers for Compaq (win xp) for c797 laptop / notebook

for everyone's convenience I have uploaded a exe file which is a backup made with driver genius...

run and install all your drivers ....

*rapidshare.com/files/182337349/Driver_Backup_11-8-2008-141941.exe

(*rapidshare.com/files/182337349/Driver_Backup_11-8-2008-141941.exe)

download and enjoy...

Bikram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom