Company's Warranty or AMC - needs suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun Kumar

Broken In
I have Compaq pressario which is 3 years old. After one year of company's warranty, I had purchased Carepaq @Rs.8,300/- for further 2 years. Now, since it is going to expire, I am in fix to whether I sud purchase carepaq for further 2 years @Rs.9,000/- approx. or go for Annual Maintenance Contract from any local vendor. I am a self taught guy and never tried hardware issue. Any suggestions?

godsownman

Padawan
I think 9000 for 2 years is very high priced.

Anyway It all depends on how u use the comp.

Please let us know what the carepaq covers.

Only then can I help you well.

I feel that At the prive which they are charging you should go in for a local vendor AMC.

OP
A

Arun Kumar

Broken In
The carepaq includes warranty of all hardwares(As these guys claims) (HDD, RAM, Graphic Card, Sound Card, Lan Card, modem, monitor, keyboard, mouse,Speakers, Floppy Drive, CD-ROM). These guys claims that if any device gives problems during carepaq, that will be replaced straightaway without any question asked. During these period of three years, I need their services twice. First one was just one month of purchase, when I was totally novice to computers and crashed the HDD. They just replaced it without any hitch. Secondly, I had called them recently when loose RAM was giving problem. The response time was just 2 hrs. Mine computer is totally for home use (for me and my 10 years old son, who is a game maniac). Wat I want to know whether local vendor AMC also covers cost of device, if required to be replaced. Of course, without any if and buts i.e. without any strings attached.

godsownman

Padawan
Local AMC depends on what type of package u choose.

Either you choose the one where the cost of the part is covered or you avail of their unlimited services and pay for the cost of the part as an when it gets spoilt.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I think from your experience carepaq is good. But 9000 for two yrs is very high. Actually it is 50% amount of a normal home pc now. Go for a local AMC , u had only two problems and may not have so many problems for 9000 rupees in two years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom