command.exe is misbehaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtoX

Broken In
Hi there,
Just wanted to ask you all something that has been bothering me. My command.exe file seems to have been changed, because it just cannot run the regular commands related to Windows shell, such as regsvr32, ping or even ipconfig. Other commands are also reported as "not a recognized command". I had a hunch this was caused because VS.NET replaced my command interpreter with it's own, but uninstalling VS.NET didn't help either, so that could not have been it. Does anyone have any solutions/suggestions (other than reinstalling Windows).

BTW, i'm running WinXP SP2 with IE6.

Thank you,
gToX

anandk

Distinguished Member
check its location and properties too, and ensure that it is indeed a microsoft file and not trojan buddy. check *www.auditmypc.com/process/command.asp

run ur anti-virus/anti-spy in SAFE MODE.

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
thanks for the replies.....
i thought it was a spyware and all at first too, but i've checked. besides, BAT files work (quite) perfect with my command interpreter. it's just that direct commands don't work well... i'm afraid it's some setting in my Registry that i messed up with to result this... any help with that....?

PS: Also tried cmd.exe .... as i said, it's something to do with the XP shell or something

champ_rock

champ_rock
maybe some virus has messed it up... try to copy the command file (/windows) form that location to some other and rename it... then double click on it to run it..

maybe thatwill work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom