Comicbook Movies/Series Discussion Thread

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
I actually am a bit disappointed with the latest BvS trailer. It looks somewhat like a Marvel film with DC characters. Of course, I don't know how the actual movie is gonna play out ultimately, but as far as the trailer is concerned, it seems like DC is pretty much emulating Marvel in order to appease casual moviegoers by forcing unnecessary humor into BvS. Lex cracking jokes? Okay, may be this is a different and hopefully a better take on the character, so let's wait and watch. I am even okay with him having hair. He might go bald later in the movie or in the upcoming installments just like 'Prof. X' in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'. But I can't imagine Superman and Batman delivering funny one-liners standing in the face of planetary annihilation. Heck, even Marvel has had a mixed luck with that, 'Thor: TDW' being the unfortunate film to be worst-affected by forced humor and Cap: TWS being the least-affected, and consequently becoming my favorite Marvel movie so far.

Another thing that's bugging me is the reveal of the main antagonist. Yes, I screamed like a fangirl when I saw Doomsday in the final moments of the trailer but I'm really hoping there's another villain pulling the strings because Doomsday is nothing like something we haven't seen before. TBH, He kinda looks like an upgraded version of the 'Abomination' from 'The Incredible Hulk'. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the movie becomes a huge critical and commercial success and breaks all box-office records because seeing the Justice League on the big screen is like dream come true.

What I liked? - Wonder Woman's entrance. She looked more badass in that one scene than Batsy and Supes did in the whole trailer. I don't know where the hate's coming from, Gadot, although still a bit skinny for WW, definitely looks the part.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Black Panther's close look:

*i.imgur.com/R5tvjXm.jpg

High-Res CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Stills Offer Closer Look At 'Black Panther' And More

Kaltrops

In the zone
at first thought it was Solomon Grundy, but looks more like Doomsday
Looks more like Subjekt 17

*images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/10/6906a23a932f7c91c143c110f1bed796.jpg

Doomsday also does not have Heat Vision, so how does he have it in the trailer?

I think they're trying to fool us. I mean they haven't even confirmed if it's Doomsday.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Apocalypse is nigh.

[video]*m.youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-A&itct=CCMQpDAYBCITCJemhY_F1MkCFVE_vgod1F8AelIQeCBtZ W4gYXBvY2FseXBzZQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=IN&client=mv-google[/video]

PS: Browsing on phone sucks.

Last edited:
OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Deadpool Shares His Notes on a Page from the "Deadpool" Script - Comic Book Resources

*www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/deadpool-script-large-8c2c2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why do I think that, he mentioned X men origins: Wolverine, in bad light? It was a good movie.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Why do I think that, he mentioned X men origins: Wolverine, in bad light? It was a good movie.
X-M O:Wolverine work-print (full movie) was leaked way ahead of the theatrical release. Maybe, it's a intended pun by you-know-what.. :mrgreen:

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
*cnet1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015/12/29/daa55914-9124-4e2f-a3a5-ccb51b925bd0/79477c5d929d055ad2cad8bd73704a44/doctorstrange2.jpg

First look at Benedict Cumberbatch as 'Doctor Strange' is spellbinding - CNET

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Strange looks perfect. One of the better costume designs from Marvel.

HUGE potential SPOILERS for CIVIL WAR. Avoid if you hate [strike]getting spoiled[/strike]reading spoilers.

CAUTION :!:
Massive SPOILERS Regarding A Huge Character Death In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

- - - Updated - - -

^^:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Possible first SPOILER filled reaction to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

FINAL WARNING :!: Turn back while you still can.
*www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/3ytdgv/saw_bvs_last_night_in_la/

Top Bottom