Combodrive or separate DVD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
combo costs 2300 bucks nd separate ones cost 2250 together.so buy two seaprate ones.
In future if u byu another dvd rw them u would make some cash by selling ur cd writer dude.
so go for two separate drives.
A very good buy is benq dvd rom.Its fast nd silent nd for a cd writer go for a lite on.I ve used it.It rocks nd also carries mt rainer support nd two years warranty

Charley

Just Do It
sidewinder said:
combo costs 2300 bucks nd separate ones cost 2250 together

How does a seperate drive cost lesser than a combo drive ? ?? :? :?

There was another post here on the same topic where grudge had mentioned that combo drives are cheaper than seperate drives.

U might wanna chck that again.....

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
I have a Sony CD RW as well as an LG DVD RW.

@AcceleratorX

Man Sony is the best brand around. :eek: :eek: Coz Japanese technology rocks. :D :D

I would advise to go in for a seperate DVD ROM if you have a CD RW earlier or else if you don't then you can go on and buy a DVD RW+CD RW+DVD ROM Combo drive.

Sankalp

Journeyman
Going for separate drives would be a wise decesion. As many ppl have told u earlier also. This has several benifits as others told but before buying the drive make sure to check that u have the option to connect the two drives i.e. the data cable and power cable.

And u shud go for liteon as samsung drives have problem with the tray.

expertno.1

Technomancer
If u r low on cash then u must go for the combos and if u dont fear with the cash then buying the different drives is the best idea Dude!@!

Now i tell u one thing about LG....i ahve a combo of LG.....Gcc-4480b.........working very fine from the last two years !!!!!!!!

and now aslo i can write fully a 700 mb cd in just 2 minutes 50 seconds !!!!1

since u r trying for a DVD RW .......then go for LG....coz LG combo are good and have long lives.............Lite-on is one another sasta choice......................

Always look for these---
Mt. Rainer support
At least 8 mb buffer
Buffer underrrun protection
and your DVD RW which u r taking must have support for dual layered DVD..then that will be better as u can keep more amount of data......

SO HAPPY DVD HUNTING

Charley

Just Do It
Mt. Rainer is an open industry standard intended to simplify the format and management of CD-RW media .. Mt. Rainer provides true drag and drop CD rewriting and on the fly formatting.....

Cheers

:)

A

Ashwin Saxena

Can anyone tell me that how much cost a dual layer dvd-rw and a normal dvd-rw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom