Combodrive or separate DVD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
Hi ,
WHich one is better Combodrive or separate DVD ROM and a CD-Writer
Does the combo drive has frequent problems?Also tell me which Combo drive is better Lite-on or Samsung?

shyam911

Journeyman
The Lite-on Combo drive is good. I have been using it for quite some time now and i have not had any problems. Go for the combo

Nimda

l33t n00b!
If you already have a CD-writer, then going for a standalone DVD-ROM would be the wisest thing to do. On the other hand, if you just have a CD-ROM drive right now, then invest in a CD-RW DVD combo drive. You should go for drives from Sony or LiteOn. My recommended drive would be the Sony CRX320E costing Rs 2,500. Very good drive.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Samsung-- Rs1500(48x/16x)
Sony- Rs1700(48x/16x)

i completely agree with nimda, i myself got a new DVD Rom (sony) 3 days back.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok i have answerd this mant times.. but doing it again :D

It's better that u buy a DVD rom and CD writer seperately. There may be problem with lens later on and it's better to have two ROMs instead of one and it costs a 200-300rs more....
See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

For CD writer , get Lite-On 52327S or 5238S or Sony CD writer.
For DVD ROM get Lite-On 165/166
For Combo (in case u want only this) get Lite-On 5232K

tuxfan

Technomancer
I will recommend that you go for separate drives. As you can see, price difference is minimal. So better keep them separate. If one of the things go out of order later, you have to replace only that one thing and not the whole thing. Secondly, you can still have at least some work done if at least one of them is working.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
I wud say, wait for sometime till dvd-rw prices fall to 3k to 3.5k, or maybe go for it now itself. It wud save ur money on long run coz, one day u might be wanting to burn dvds, by it u can read/ run cds and dvds.

Charley

Just Do It
thecyclone2k said:
I wud say, wait for sometime till dvd-rw prices fall to 3k to 3.5k, or maybe go for it now itself. It wud save ur money on long run coz, one day u might be wanting to burn dvds, by it u can read/ run cds and dvds.

Didnt u read dr.grudge post, the prices are very less now, below 2k...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
achacko@dataone.in said:
thecyclone2k said:

Didnt u read dr.grudge post, the prices are very less now, below 2k...

he is talking about dvd writers not dvd rom's. dvd-rw's are still costing around 4500/- bucks for 16x writers (any company).

@anilthomas26
go for separate drives and i suggest go for both liteon units. better to keep them of the same brand.

V

vishal_bhatia87

In my opinion go for CD Writer + DVD Rom
coz if one fails due to any reason the other
one will continues to run.

whim_gen

Journeyman
@anilthomas
My friend bought a new LG DVD RW for Rs.3500!!! in Bangalore with bill
So guys hows this LG?
If its good u can buy this itself rite

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My sony drive screwed up in just one year's time, I wouldnt recommend anyone to buy a Sony.

Lite-On is OEM for/to for Sony, so I suppose they are just the same.

Samsung's new models of Combo drives (SM-352F, SM-352N and TS-H492A) are good ones. DONT BUY ANY OTHER MODEL OF SAMSUNG COMBO DRIVES THAN THESE THREE.

These three drives from have a redesigned tray, and have given no problems to me so far (I use the SM-352F).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom