Combo Drive failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smart_aju2007

Right off the assembly line
I have assembled pc with P4 2.8 HT, Intel 865GBF board, Nvidia Geforce MX 4000 graphics card with WinXP and Win2003 Server.
I have LG GCC 4521B combo drive which currently failed. Recently I tried to update the driver of combo. After that this problem starts. Both OS can't detect and BIOS also. It does not power ON.
What is the problem and appropriate solution.
Pls help me. :(

Intruder

Broken In
check the power cables

first check if the power cable is connected firmly to the drive. and there is no fault in that cable. if there is no LED flashing means power is not fed into the drive !

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If by meaning the software upgrade of you LG drive you mean Firmware ...i think you are in for some trouble...Try resorting to the original Firmware and see if it works...

OP
S

smart_aju2007

Right off the assembly line
freshseasons said:
If by meaning the software upgrade of you LG drive you mean Firmware ...i think you are in for some trouble...Try resorting to the original Firmware and see if it works...

thank u for ur suggestion but how to restore original firmware.
pls suggest me again.
I will be highly grateful of u

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
LG drive failed??? what's new?
try samsung dude!!
my
CD ROM (32x)6yrs, one service
CD-RW SW-252B(52x read-52x write-32x RW)1 year, no problems yet
DVD-/+RW SR-W04B (12x read,4x write) New, no problems yet

AcceleratorX

Youngling
LG combo drives can only flash their firmware successfully with some conditions fulfilled. This condition is that the LG drive should be placed as the Master Drive on the secondary IDE channel.

@club_pranay: Samsung combo drives are good, but mine just bust. :(

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
:lol: man! that was dec 2004! i think samsung drives gives more problems than service. my samsung cdrw is acting all funny.... samsung rom got screwed up 6months back... and that was after each unit was repaired for tray problem :lol:

i think sony,liteon are much better... benq is best ... i think

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Sony and LG are good.....LiteOn has some problems due to the fact that certain firmware of theirs are known to screw up their drives rather than improve it. But LiteOn is also nice.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
samsung drive hah my friends drive's tray just stop working in 3 months ,
sony combo of mine , gives way just after 1 month of 1 year warrenty period

now what should i go for ??
lg lol

gycapri

Broken In
can anybody pls tell me wats this "Win2003 Server" & also "Nvidia Geforce MX 4000 graphics card " ,i dont play games ,so i dont need this card ???

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Win2003 Server = Windows Server 2003 for Servers, not for normal desktop machines.

GeForce MX 4000 = Latest (but not best) variety of NVIDIA's GeForce4 MX Graphics card lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom