Combo BlueZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtoX

Broken In
Hello,
I have a P4 3.0GHz(HT) 512MB Intel 865GBF system running WinXP (SP2), that I bought about 6 months ago. The system has a Samsung SM352F Combo drive. I have a very peculiar problem with this combo drive. Although itplays most CDs well, it has problems playing DVDs (Data as well as Videos). Some DVDs run all right for a time or two, and then they start running. The problem is that whenever a DVD is inserted into the drive, the system tries to read it (there is initial spinning and all), and then nothing happens. When I click on the DVD icon on My Computer, it tells me to insert a disk into the drive. I have also tried programs like
Isobuster, but they report an empty drive as well.

Although this used to happen on used media a few weeks ago, this has started happening on brand new media of late. None of the older Digit DVDs run, and DVDs that I get with a new issue don't work either. This is really puzzling.

I have tried enabling, as well as disabling autorun on the drive, as well as reinstalling drivers and applying driver and firmware upgrades, but to no avail.

Do Samsung Combo drives have this problem, or am I the only one facing this problem? I would be thankful if anyone could help me.

- gToX

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
I have tried enabling, as well as disabling autorun on the drive, as well as reinstalling drivers and applying driver and firmware upgrades, but to no avail.

I have already done that. Anyone got any solutions? I really would be thankful.

Tech&ME

Banned
gtoX said:

I have already done that. Anyone got any solutions? I really would be thankful.

This seems to be a known issue with samsung drives, since I also sometimes face this type of problems but to do away with it there are some workarounds.

Firstly, Buy yourself a CD-Cleaning CD from the market, buy branded wet type CD-Cleaning CD (Samsung also makes one)

Secondly, Insert it into the drive and tell Windows Media Player play the songs, (this will clean the lens and other stuff there)

Now try to run your DVDs and CDs. If it still doesnot work, follow the instructions below.

Take the DVD/CD media and wash it with cold water.

You can apply mild soap (no detergents) and rub from the inner circle towards the outer circle in straight manner. (Do Not Rub in circular motion).

Deep Dry with a Towel (Do Not Dry under the SUN)

Now try to play it. It should work.

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
get the firmware updated.. it works fine after that..

Thanx a lot for yur suggestions, guys.
Ok....many of u suggested I revise my Firmware...... could u plz. tell me the link to (properly) update my Samsung Combo's firmware?

Thanx!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
gtoX said:
get the firmware updated.. it works fine after that..

Thanx a lot for yur suggestions, guys.
Ok....many of u suggested I revise my Firmware...... could u plz. tell me the link to (properly) update my Samsung Combo's firmware?

Thanx!

here u go with the link buddy..

*tinyurl.com/8opy9

do let me know if something worked out!! :wink:

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
Couldn't make things work....

hey guys.....
Sorry for this delay. I was actually stuck in sth.

regarding the firmware upgd., I couldn't get things to work. I used the link that grinning_devil gave me, and some other links as well,.... But the firmware upgd. just wouldn't work.......

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be more than thankful, 'coz this prob. is really frustating me.......
ThanX...

-gToX

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I had an SM-352F, and it worked perfectly fine, no problems at all....Hmm.

Perhaps you need to flash the firmware, just use the link provided in the previous posts, and download the T902 firmware. Then extract the zip file to any location, and run SFDNWIN.exe, then click on the little folder button to open the firmware file (T902.BIN) and click on the 'flash' button. Good luck, because this is risky. :)

::cyborg::

In the zone
gtox u really do have a peculiar prob. u do one thing u chande u ide cable and connect only one drive i mean if u have a cd rom or a dvd writer use only the drive which has the problem and connect the drive to the fresh ide cable this case is of ide cable tell me bro if ur prob is solved or not

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
gtox u really do have a peculiar prob. u do one thing u chande u ide cable and connect only one drive i mean if u have a cd rom or a dvd writer use only the drive which has the problem and connect the drive to the fresh ide cable this case is of ide cable tell me bro if ur prob is solved or not

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that, but it wouldn't work. This is really getting to be a nerving experience :evil:
Also, I tried the same firmware upgrades as suggested. wouldn't work either.

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom