Comapring Products..

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
I have a DFI Lanparty UltraD mobo..

It has karajan audio ( using AC,97 codec ) .. If i but a Creative Live 24 bit card.. how much affect in sound it will be ??

is it worth it ??? or ne better sound card.. some dealer suggested some 7.1 card.. I am using Creative Inspire 5200 Speakers..

Also comparing Pinnacle 110i and Compro Gold Plus II .. whats better.. ?? cause Gold Plus II is not available in mumbai at moment

Budget for sound card ( if needed ) : Rs. 5000
for TV Tuner Card : Rs. 5000

waitin for suggestions..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
here are some screenies from anandtech wich compare different onboard sound chips .. they have compared onboard creative sb live and karajan also. u can see the difference .. its not much and an onboard sb live will be performing equally as an external sb live 7.1 i guess.

*img314.imageshack.us/img314/95/78286js.png

*img314.imageshack.us/img314/4636/78412sr.png

*img314.imageshack.us/img314/7673/78458gi.png

and herez the link to the complete review,
*www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2465&p=27

phatratt

In the zone
hey dude I have Creative sound blaster live 24bit which supports upto 7.1 speakers and features like EAX.It costs around 2K bucks excluding taxes 8months back.It was a perfect upgrade for my onboard AC97 sound.there was quiet a lot of improvement on audio cd and gaming front.Sad part is am having a creative 2.1 sbs speakers which does'nt allows me to unleash its full potential.

there is one disadvantages.Sound get choppy,distorted while performing multiple tasks and listening to songs at the same time and the same happens
while playing games too(occasionally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom