College Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish619

Journeyman
Hi ppl,

I am studying in a college and like to download a lot of movies and TV shows.The college has a dedicated 8 MBpS line and anyone in the college can access it.Nowadays when i try to download a .rar,.avi,.zip,.mp4,.mp3,......etc the server says the page was blocked and contact /Root, so when i asked my lab incharge he said that they had installed a new security software 'Novell securities'.So is there any way to download it coz it is allowed in my college to download anything at evening....

P.S.-I have tried proxy,Download accelerators etc But no use...

torrent08

Broken In
Hi ppl,

I am studying in a college and like to download a lot of movies and TV shows.The college has a dedicated 8 MBpS line and anyone in the college can access it.Nowadays when i try to download a .rar,.avi,.zip,.mp4,.mp3,......etc the server says the page was blocked and contact /Root, so when i asked my lab incharge he said that they had installed a new security software 'Novell securities'.So is there any way to download it coz it is allowed in my college to download anything at evening....

P.S.-I have tried proxy,Download accelerators etc But no use...
#
8 MBPS !!!! my god !!!!:p:p:p:p how lucky are u man !!!!!!
Which college is this..??? and u are having a WIfI access..!!!!??

so lucky so lucky in deed...
Compared to u, i have a paltry speed of 15Kbps !!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
isn't using torrent clients or torrents in a secure network like .. office/inst/colleges/IT parks impossible..cant they detect it??

wired lan or wi fi ..both..they can detect the packet drops...so its not worth the pain..

Last edited:
OP
H

harish619

Journeyman
#
8 MBPS !!!! my god !!!!:p:p:p:p how lucky are u man !!!!!!
Which college is this..??? and u are having a WIfI access..!!!!??

so lucky so lucky in deed...
Compared to u, i have a paltry speed of 15Kbps !!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Ofcourse..and it is upto 12mbps..thats why i want to tame all the power....

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
The college has a dedicated 8 MBpS line .....
8MBps, i.e., 64Mbps? That sounds too hard to believe. Your college's network would be faster than most university networks in the U.S. Mind posting a screen shot from speedtest.net?

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
It will be a dedicated line shared with whole of the college which gonna give a speed of hardle 100 KBps to all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom