Codec needed for x265 mkv videos

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I have few videos in x265 version and they are in mkv format. My media player classic is not able to play the video, it plays all other types of videos btw. The audio works fine though. I do not want to switch to vlc or some other player. Is there any specific codec which can help MPC play this video?

Thanks

maheshn

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I have few videos in x265 version and they are in mkv format. My media player classic is not able to play the video, it plays all other types of videos btw. The audio works fine though. I do not want to switch to vlc or some other player. Is there any specific codec which can help MPC play this video?

Thanks

Try installing the codec pack from

Windows 10 codecs - Windows 8.1 codecs - Windows 7 codecs

P.S. as the developer says don't try to install all of everything. Install only the one pertaining to your current OS.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Have you tried K-Lite codec pack ? That + MPC use to be the recommendation a few years ago.

Already installed. I think they are not updated though.

Try installing the codec pack from

Windows 10 codecs - Windows 8.1 codecs - Windows 7 codecs

P.S. as the developer says don't try to install all of everything. Install only the one pertaining to your current OS.

Should I uninstall Klite and everthing else first? I am not able to find the one for Windows XP on that site.

I also faced same problem. updated version fixed the problem.

Of Klite?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Mention your system configuration.

quicky008

Technomancer
Use potplayer for playing X265 videos-its not resource hungry and allows me to play even 1080p videos just fine on my older system with a dual core cpu and 3 gb ram.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Of Klite?

MPC. I am currently using this version :

MPC-HC (64-bit)
---------------

Build information:
Version: 1.7.10 (d911f14)
Compiler: MSVC 2013 Update 5
Build date: Nov 14 2015 18:25:24

LAV Filters:
LAV Splitter: 0.66.0.0
LAV Video: 0.66.0.0
LAV Audio: 0.66.0.0
FFmpeg compiler: MinGW-w64 GCC 4.9.2

Operating system:
Name: Windows NT 10.0 (build 14393)
Version: 10.0 (64-bit)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: I am not using NT version, don't know why it says so.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I need the same for Win Xp, P-4, 1gb ram, no graphic card (this system is only used for watching movies, since it is connected to a big screen) & Win 10, i-5, 8gb ram, nvidia graphic card.

i5 model no.? nvidia graphics card model?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i5 model no.? nvidia graphics card model?

5th gen. 940m.

- - - Updated - - -

The latest vlc player plays the video but it lags, say you have a scratched video disc, it is showing the video similar to that. Audio is fine. Klite and others won't install in XP SP2. Haven't tested the same in 10 yet. Any help?

Minion

Conversation Architect
5th gen. 940m.

- - - Updated - - -

The latest vlc player plays the video but it lags, say you have a scratched video disc, it is showing the video similar to that. Audio is fine. Klite and others won't install in XP SP2. Haven't tested the same in 10 yet. Any help?

But why did you installed XP on such a powerful system I think XP natively don't support HEVC that is the reason why HEVC videos are lagging.
My suggestion upgrade to atleast win 8 or even win 10.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
people suggested few more apps here. Did you try all of them??

Yes Dear. All of them require atleast SP3.

But why did you installed XP on such a powerful system I think XP natively don't support HEVC that is the reason why HEVC videos are lagging.
My suggestion upgrade to atleast win 8 or even win 10.
XP SP2 is installed in a pc with p4 and 1gigs of ram. It is an original OS and we just use the system for watching videos so no updates in OS is required as it suits our needs.
Regarding HEVC not supported in XP, the videos work fine in SP3 as per klite and others.

Top Bottom