COD6:MW2 Airport level was inspired from Mumbai terror attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hello people,

I was surfing around net and suddenly saw the interview of the scriptwriter of Modern warfare 2 .

Scriptwriter mentioned about the terrorist attack of Mumbai and how he wanted the people to realise how horrific event could have been.

Here is the link to the interview:

*www.gamepro.com/article/features/2...-the-airport-level-was-a-risk-we-had-to-take/

Code:
GP: What did you hope to achieve from a narrative standpoint with the airport level?

Stern: We've been catching a lot of criticism for that and a lot of praise as well. People have really strong reactions to the airport scene and it's been fascinating because we all wanted to make it something that would be upsetting, disturbing, but also something people relate to. There's something instantly identifiable about it when it happens, when you're in that situation and the level begins.

I find that interesting, that the player knows what's going on instantly. It's too familiar and at the same time it's not something that people are able to get that close to. Right now, there's a documentary with interviews of people who were actually in Mumbai when that attack took place and you've got similar accounts of Columbine. I'm sure we'll get some from Ft. Hood.

check out the link for complete interview on link.

i played the lvl and personally think that such events must not be depicted in so much details..

the game is reputed for realism and the detailing is much burden for sincerely concerned ppl ... we Indians or any other country

the game is already banned in Russia for "No Russian" in the beg of same stage

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I think the game isn't banned, The level has been just stripped out of the game.

The developers should have renamed the city or should have done something like that. How the heck, the people of Russia are going to enjoy by killing their own citizens???

If the level is designed to increase the hatred of players against that terrorist, then they should have shown that massacre as a cutscene.

I think the game isn't banned, The level has been just stripped out of the game.

i just read abt it, whatever but all shipment of the game disk have been called back.
they plan to redistribte it with lvl stripped or not i dont know

If the level is designed to increase the hatred of players against that terrorist, then they should have shown that massacre as a cutscene.

+1 Agreed

Goten

Banned
I played the game and its all good. U love it when u kill soldiers and now its unjustifiable to kill people. Killing people in any way is not justifiable. Just take it as a kind of sick entertainment. People love sick n real. Voilence is what we gamers crave for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom