Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I recently changed my Internet connection methodology. I switched my modem to PPPoE mode and now it automatically dials itself and the LAN connection shows Local and Internet connectivity. Now the trouble is nobody is able to connect to my network, not even me, with the no-ip domain name or even with the direct IP itself! If I do /connect 192.168.1.2<LAN card's IP> then only I can connect but nobody else can and in Rcon too if I give this LAN IP then only it is able to connect otherwise not. What is wrong here and how to set it right?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ You need to port forward. :)

Go to your Router's settings page & search for NAT & Virtual Server settings and then make an exception for the desired port or range of ports. You'll also have to mention the LAN IP of your computer which is 192.168.1.2 :)

Using the bridged mode is the best thing as all ports are opened by default.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I was dreading this port forward thing, will do it. BTW will it improve my pings too?
Please can someone tell me if the Incoming and Outgoing ports are gonna be the same, i.e. 28960?

Last edited:
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I forwarded the ports both for my laptop and desktop and tried to host server from my desktop. Running the Modern Rcon on it, I tried to connect thru my domain name, bumpyshah.bounceme.net , port no. 28960 but still unable to connect whereas when I gave my local LAN IP or the Hamachi IP, it got connected. What's preventing it to access via domain name? :evil: I even tried giving the direct IP but still wasn't able to connect, Any Ideas ?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ Try forwarding each and every port by using the range option.

What Virtual server IPs did you mention in the router? You will have to mention the both 192.168.1.2 (PC) & 192.168.1.3 (Lappy)....

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Look, this is my port forward config in the screeny below.
*img151.imageshack.us/img151/7615/natc.th.jpg
I think I've done it alright, now u tell me what's missing here. :?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ hmmm, it seems pretty much correct to me.

Try this thing...

Create 2 more services one whose Server IP = 192.168.1.2 and the other with 192.168.1.14

External port start should be 100 and External port end 60000. Internal port start & end will be same as the external automatically. Lets see if this solves the problem or not.

With this we are forwarding every damned port from 100 to 60000.

..............Also have a look at the Routing option there and see if everything is correct or not.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Thanks for the advice buddy but I nailed the problem, just about to screw it! :twisted:
U c, by making the modem itself as a PPPoE dialer, what we do is we ask the modem/gateway to connect to the Internet. Now these devices can have their own IP so every time it connects/disconnects and gets an IP, it gets for itself. It shares the connection with all the devices connected to it via LAN, thus static IP for those devices and dynamic for the PPPoE dialer. Now the no-ip DNS update, it is supposed to be happening on the PC's IP but as there is none, it won't work so in order to do so I'll have to create account at DynDNS.org, who's service is natively supported by the modem and then use its account as DNS updation service from the modem itself.
I'll update u more as I proceed and will let u know the end result. It was just a piphany that I had while driving in the noon today, yet to verify its substance. ;)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ thats fine, but still I think you should have been able to connect by using the direct IP.

Crazykiller

Banned
^^
Just switch back to the Earlier method of internet connection.
BTW have you guys got a server and forum yet for Urban Terror??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom