Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
A friend of mine has recently formated his PC after a major virus infection. Everything's working fine now except for one thing. He uses dial up connection from Satyam Online. Whenever we are trying to install the dialer, we are getting this error message...

The procedure entry point PhoneBookDUNDefaultsA could not be located in the dynamic link library cmpbk32.dll"

I have tried manually replacing the cmpbk32.dll file but without much luck. His PC is a Compaq Presario with P4 1.5 and 128 MB SDRAM. OS is Win XP Home with Service Pack 1.

Can any one help me out with this one? Thanx for your time.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
cmpbk is the
Phone Book facilityor Communication Manager which is the FS dialler from Microsoft.

Most probably, the dialer you are trying to install is not compatible with your version of xp. Just check to see if there is any updated version of the dialer from Satyam's website or alternatively, try to update to Service Pack 2.

But if you dont want this mess, simply create your own connection using:
Network Connections->Create a New Connection-> Dial up Connection..

OP
I

indrajit

Journeyman
Well, I checked with Satyam. The customer care's saying nothings wrong with the dialer. Will try setting up the connection manually as you said and let you know if it workes. Thanx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom