CM Elite 431 Plus USB3 Port & SATA X-Dock Compatibility with Intel D946GZIS Mobo

usthad

Right off the assembly line
Hello All,

I want to change my CPU Chasis and PSU and shortlisted the following...

Cooler Master Elite 431 or Elite 431 Plus. The difference between 431 & 431+ is that 431+ have USB 3 Port and SATA X-Dock on the front panel and 431 does not have these. My PC's motherboard is Intel D946GZIS. I would like to know if my PC will support this USB3 & X-Dock ports.

Further, I have calculated my Computer's power consumption @ eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts and the calculation result shows my power consumption is 353 W and recommends to by a PSU of atleast 403 W. So I decided to buy either a Corsair VS450 or CX430 V2 for PSU/SMPS.

My PC Config is given below...

Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6300 1.8 Ghz
Motherboard: Intel D946GZIS
RAM: 2GB (1GB DDR2 SD RAM X 2)
Harddisk: 250GB Seagate (Barracuda 7200.12)
Avermedia TV Tuner
DVD Writer Optical Drive.
Acer 23" LCD Monitor.

Other Power Consumptions:

Bluetooth Dongle (for using my android phone as remote while watching movies/listening to songs)
Wireless Adapter for W/L Keyboard & Mouse Combo
Secondary HDD (Sometimes)
External Hardisk (1TB) (Sometimes)

Upgrade Plans: RAM, Harddisk & Graphics Card.

Please share your knowledge and opinion on USB3 & SATA X-Dock compatibility and PSU Choice considering future upgrades. Also will it be more sensible to buy a cheaper chasis and invest the money on a better PSU?

The approximate pricing of Elite 431 and 431 + Chasis are Rs.3050/- and Rs.3350/- respectively and Corsair VS 450 and CS 430 V2 SMPS' are costing Rs.2300/- and Rs.2650/- respectively.

Top Bottom