Clueless: Windows xp SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
@crazy kidd
your first post:
He uses original xp Pro w/o SP2 (Provided with the PC). He never installed SP2 before. But a few days ago he tried to install a SP2 using a installer. It installed perfectly. But after reboot he can't get beyond the welcome screen (Typing password). Even tried Auto logon. Didn't work.

and then:
@ Romeo = It doesn't boot at all

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Maybe there's a problem with the Video Memory configuration in your BIOS. That would explain the hanging of the XP installation and rebooting of your computer at welcome screen, as the video memory is initialised on startup. Check your BIOS.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
nishant_nms said:
Update ur BIOS, drivers and then try again
Yeah, I agree with nishant.
U should try updating u'r BIOS first. It could be a BIOS problem. Maybe the SP2 files need something in BIOS which may not be there.

Have u tried Ashish's idea? I mean did u check out the link given by Ashish? I think it may contain solution to your problem.

OP
Crazy Kidd

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Thanks to all again

@BMW = I already did that. Read it.

@Romeo = Sorry bro. But Whenever I'm trying to boot in safe mode then it fails to go beyond the command prompt.

@Apoorv = But I'm getting a display. I can view the logon screen. And 64 MB is alloted to the inbuilt video.

@Nishant = Little bit more info or perhaps a detail tutorial on that.

@Goyal = Link checked. Didn't help much.

@Vyasram = ???????????????????????? :(

T

thunderbird.117

Crazy Kidd said:
Thanks to all again

@BMW = I already did that. Read it.

@Romeo = Sorry bro. But Whenever I'm trying to boot in safe mode then it fails to go beyond the command prompt.

@Apoorv = But I'm getting a display. I can view the logon screen. And 64 MB is alloted to the inbuilt video.

@Nishant = Little bit more info or perhaps a detail tutorial on that.

@Goyal = Link checked. Didn't help much.

@Vyasram = ???????????????????????? :(

Vyasram asked if you overclocked (oc) your pc. That is your graphics card,motherboard

For going to safe mode. when starting the comp and keep pressing F8. If you can go there. See if you can remove service pack 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Hmmmmm since it's clear that U have a bad installation of XP SP2 try uninstalling SP2 and then install it back

*support.microsoft.com/KB/875350

Use the recovery console...uninstall SP2 restart the machine and then install it back ...

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Go to Intel/Amar site and download the latest BIOS for the mobo and install it but make sure u install it in stable envronment(OS).
But search for the BIOS first at AMAR site then on Intel

g_goyal2000

Youngling
@Crazy Kidd:
Very late to ask this question but whatever happened to your problem? Did it get solved? If yes, how? If no, then what'd u do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom