Clueless: Windows xp SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Hi. By Brother-in-Law is facing a Unique problem. He is using a Amar PC (Branded). His motherboard is D865GBF. 2.8 GHz HT and 256 MB RAM.

He uses original xp Pro w/o SP2 (Provided with the PC). He never installed SP2 before. But a few days ago he tried to install a SP2 using a installer. It installed perfectly. But after reboot he can't get beyond the welcome screen (Typing password). Even tried Auto logon. Didn't work.

(P.S - Nothing wrong with Serial. Its SP2 compatible)

We have tried even a Original Windows xp Pro with SP2. But the result is worst. This time it is getting stuck during installation.

Then we tried even pirated ones. But still didn't work.

The engineers at Amar PC has no clue. Can anyone help.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Dude try the suggestions here and see if this helps solve ur problem :

*winhlp.com/WxSP2.htm#Boot_or_shutdown_problems_after_Service_Pack_2_installation

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
U can also try this method.......
Format your hard disk by making it slave in other pc and then try to install again frm scratch....
I m not sure of this ..but u can try..

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
@ Crazzy Kidd

Could you tell us what exactly happens whent you boot your PC? Because maybe your problem is related to a corrupt boot file, which causes the PC to restart. That can be solved by repairing your system.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Have u tried installing more than once? and... was it strucking at the same point of installation everytime??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well its still ib warrenty naa.. if the issue is static on point that installation of Recomemnded os of the Brand is unble to run, u should ask the company to change the system...

as what u r writing, seeems to me that a hardware problem, can be RAM, MOBO, or any such.... u must contact the company...

Off Topic..
If any one wants to go with brand... IBM (Lenevo now), HP/Compac, ACER, DELL, even HCL will do too, these are ones to look for... apart from others, like Amar PC, Wipro, SAHARA, has had their problem, and to me their not the brand to go for...

OP
Crazy Kidd

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Thank you all.

@ Saurav = There is no warranty. Its 3 years old. And their engineers have no clue. I know that it is a hardware problem. But can't pin point the problem. Never faced such problem in my life. And I agree with you on the brand value.

@ Sridatta = Tried several times in several ways. Same result.

@ WiseCrab = No fault in RAM or HDD. Checked that already.

@ Apoorv = Windows xp Pro running w/o SP2. If we install SP2 over that after rebooting getting stuck at the Welcome/Logon screen. And If we install a Windows xp Pro with SP2 then getting stuck during installation.

@ Uchiha = Tried formatting using several sw even Unix, Linux. Several file system and several times. No success.

@ shantanu = No fault in RAM. Checked.

@Ashis = Will check the link as soon as possible and reply.

OP
Crazy Kidd

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
@ Pathik = Already tried that. I have created several such copies using nLite and other utilities.

@Romeo = Already mentioned. Check carefully. 256 MB DDR 400MHz.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
try installing XP in another HDD.

& do check for any loose connections, like HDD SATA cable, HDD power cable...
& also see if the transistors around the CPU are swollen, if yes, its time for repair work:wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
why still stick with Windows XP. ??

find any pirated Windows 98 SE / Win2k and try with that one also see other OS such as Linux..

try one more thing, boot from any linux Live CD, they have great System checking tools

it will spot the problem for u... :p

run their System diagnosting tools from the LIVE Linux or Installation LInux CDs

OP
Crazy Kidd

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
@ BMW = HDD and connections already checked. Will check the transistors and give you feedback.

@ Saurav = Tried original and pirated. NTFS so no 98. XP w/o SP2, Linux working fine. Only SP2 giving problem.

Can it be due to a corrupted BIOS.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude! if only SP2 is giving problem, then install the m/b drivers(sound, video...) in XP (non SP2) & then patch it to SP2:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom