Clean-up of "Compress old files"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hluachawngthu

Broken In
When I used Disk Clean-up utility in my XP, there's a lot of Compress Old Files which occupied a number of disk space. Is there any effect on the system in deleting these Files? Will I gain more space when I delete these?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The utility is only showing you the files which are quite old and probably lying untouched since a long time. 'Compress old files' means that it recommends that you compress those old and unused files to save disk space. Don't go on and delete those files. :p

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I think from within the utility there's no actual DELETE option for compressed old files. OK or Clean button here would mean actual compression would be done and thus you will gain some disk space. Windows will automatcally uncompress the file when next time it is actually accessed.
After you process this, the files that got compressed internally will be seen in blue color in windows explorer.

anni

Broken In
it is better if you never use that option. Otherwise like if one pdf file you wont use for last 1 yr and window compress it, you cannot open using acrobat reader. remove check box from drive property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom