Clean Unistall of windows8

rickson23

The Pirate King
hey guys i tried the consumer preview Windows8 on my friends borrowed laptop..
Now that i have formatted the drive in which it was installed,but still it asks me to choose between win7/win8 at startup..
I dont want to have this headache for my friend,so before returning would want to restore back to win7 without any trace of win8..
How can i remove startup msg?

enVolt

Broken In
The better and safe way is
1. Boot your computer using windows 7 disc
2. In dialogue box select your keyboard layout and language
3. in IInd screen their is a option Repair Your Computer , on lower left corner, press that
3. follow the options, after a checkup it will show you various option, press fix start up problem

believe its safest way
otherwise you can use EasyBCD to change your boot menu, or use GRUB (linux boot-loader)

Gauravs90

geek........
Windows create additional 100MB partition to install boot files there... you have to format that 100 MB partition too.

This will definitely solve your problem.

frankeric

Journeyman
hey guys i tried the consumer preview Windows8 on my friends borrowed laptop..
Now that i have formatted the drive in which it was installed,but still it asks me to choose between win7/win8 at startup..
I dont want to have this headache for my friend,so before returning would want to restore back to win7 without any trace of win8..
How can i remove startup msg?

hi bud windows 8 put a security that it cant b just un installed for un installing windows 8 you have to delete that partition and than format it and install fresh windows 7. Read this i think it will explain you things more clearly.

Does Microsoft use the UEFI to block Linux on Windows 8 PC? ~ Techno Tactics

Top Bottom