Civilization V: Brave new World

heidi2521

Padawan
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World is an expansion pack for Civ V.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Civ5_BNW_Logo.png

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World introduces nine new civilizations, eight new wonders, two new scenarios, four new gameplay systems and dozens of new units, buildings and improvements offering an expanded variety of ways to build the most powerful empire in the world.

New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominate all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire like Museums, Opera Houses, and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.

New Policies and Ideologies: Enter the Industrial Age and choose the ideology of your people: Freedom, Order, or Autocracy. Each ideology grants access to increasingly powerful abilities, and serves the different victory conditions in unique ways. The choices you make will impact your relationships with other civilizations for the rest of the game.

World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games, and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue and a new lead-in to the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.

International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders, and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?

New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: Nine new leaders and civilizations are introduced, including Casimir of Poland, each with their unique traits, units and buildings.

New Wonders: This expansion set introduces eight new Wonders including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Globe Theater, and the Uffizi.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World

The confirmed civs are Poland(Casimir III), Brazil(Pedro II) and Assyria(Ashurbanipal).

UPDATE: Maria 1 of Portugal and Shaka of Zulu confirmed.

Screenies:

*cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/455/455578.jpg

*cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/455/455576.jpg

*cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/455/455574.jpg

More at: *www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/35/10263/1247

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
i never liked Civ seises, i had CivIII, and after 30-40 hrs of turn turn turns, pc just used to hang and crash. in my personal opinion, tbs is too slow and sux. :(

darkv0id

Journeyman
New Civ game coming or not ??

^Imo a new Civ game is all but a certainty, makes no sense to discontinue such a successful series. However all news regarding the launch date is just speculation. I think we should expect a 2014-15 release, if you look up the launch dates of the previous Civ games, there's been a gap of 4-5 years b/w successive entries. Civ 5 was launched in 2010, so there you go...

bippukt

In the zone
Can't wait for this new Expac to come!

i never liked Civ seises, i had CivIII, and after 30-40 hrs of turn turn turns, pc just used to hang and crash. in my personal opinion, tbs is too slow and sux. :(

Your PC must have been real bad - mine never hung with Civ3.

Civ games are definitely slow and time consuming. That's part of their charm. Heck, I deliberately set the game speed to Epic instead of Standard ie 50% extra turns in a game :D

bippukt

In the zone
There are two new scenarios as well:

- American Civil War: Fight the "War Between the States" from either the Union or Confederate side as you focus on the critical Easter theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington.

- Scramble for Africa: The great colonial powers of the world are scrambling to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for the great natural wonders of the heart of Africa as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.

Personally, I don't like scenarios much. They just don't appeal to me in a Civ game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Civilization games are too slow for me. Played the games but didn't liked much.
I would really like if Firaxis would announce new XCOM game. :D:D

icebags

Technomancer
Your PC must have been real bad - mine never hung with Civ3.
Civ games are definitely slow and time consuming. That's part of their charm. Heck, I deliberately set the game speed to Epic instead of Standard ie 50% extra turns in a game :D

yes, that pc was kinda weak - celeron 950mhz, 256mb ram (with 1 module half burned), but still these games are epic slow, heard u can play civ with someone over email - i.e. u make a turn, mail that turn file to ur opponent and u load his file when he sends u his turn file.... :(

bippukt

In the zone
yes, that pc was kinda weak - celeron 950mhz, 256mb ram (with 1 module half burned), but still these games are epic slow, heard u can play civ with someone over email - i.e. u make a turn, mail that turn file to ur opponent and u load his file when he sends u his turn file.... :(

Yes, PBEM was there. Not sure how MP works now. You should check out the civfanatics or 2k forums to find out about MP if that interests you. I don't like MP in strategy games, unless it is cooperative play.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Civilization 5 BRAVE NEW WORLD Early Look! New Leaders, New Culture Victory, Trade Routes and More!

Civilization V: Brave New World hands on – how camels and art solve the late game slump

Civilization V: Brave New World hands on - how camels and art solve the late game slump | PC Gamer

Looking better by the second.

Portugal and Zulu confirmed.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
BeefJack | Civilization V: Brave New World interview

Morocco Confirmed.

GI BNW Preview:

Second Civ V Expansion Will Be

Culture flipping of cities is back.
Challenge: Win a domination victory without using your military to capture any city other than the capital.

Top Bottom