Civilization IV--Sound Skips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shloeb

In the zone
In civilization 4 wheni start the game the fraxis movie sound skips. As if its a broken record. This happens with all the CG movies in the game. For e.g: When we build a wonder then the movie plays but the sound skips. I know its some thing got to do with config file but i don't know what to edit to get this prblm sorted out. The game worked fine the previous time i installed it. So help me out on this. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
Ok. But i am too lazy to install it again. But i think its the only way out. So i'll give it a try. ;)

Caesar

Broken In
Been a long time since i played civ but had the same problem when it was released.I think its to do with your video drivers.Download latest video drivers for ur card and patches for the game.

OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
Ya. Thanks. I notice it now that previous time i played it i had 91.31 drivers installed but right now i have 84.21. Gotta update it. Thanks buddy!!

I tried reinstalling the game and updating the drivers but prblm is still there.

Last edited:
OP
Shloeb

Shloeb

In the zone
fx 5200 is the card. But i think i should not need the patch. Because last time the game ran well

Caesar

Broken In
Its best you install the latest patch.Wouldnt be that difficult if u have broadband.Lots of people were this exact problem when it was released first.So they shoulda fixed it in a patch by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom