Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalboi

Broken In
hey all..
I would like to know about the CISCO certification courses(mainly CCNA & CCNP).
I am right now in 3rd yr of my B.E. in CSE(Computer Science and Engg.).So please guide me about CISCO course,its future scope(value , placements,starting salalary etc) and where I should join for its training in Delhi.

Also I would like to say that I basicaly have interest in Networking & Security so if anyone can suggest some better option than this course is most welcome.
Thnx!!

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Dude .. if you want to go into networking then do ccna not otherwise,
its a good course .. but you need to have through understanding before going for the exam. so better join a good institute in holidays.

CCNA is more theory and CCNP more practical based,
you do CCNP when you are working in some company which has cisco products not otherwise. ok.
so doing CCNA is the first step..
Certification is recommended when you are on-the-job and not before-the-job .. thats key.
Do CCNA, it has more value than CCNP. Don't know any other details.
Daaaa.. you do CCNA then do CCNP, its not otherwise,
what you mean CCNP has less value .. aaah, its more difficult dude,
it requires more experience on your resume to be CCNP.

OP
crystalboi

crystalboi

Broken In
thnx fr views..
but can you please tell me about value of course.I mean if I do this course after my Engineering then how much useful is it to get me a good job because its a course after all not a degree like Msc or Mtech.
Currently if I go for On-Campus placement I can easily get a package of 3lac p.a. .So what more increment can this course give to me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
First, finish CCNA. Once you join a company, study for CCNP and finish it.

My suggestion would be to keep CCIE in mind while doing the courses. Coz, you finish CCIE and you will end up getting job and a fat salary in Cisco :

Believe me, once you get into Cisco, you will never ever think about job change.

fewer than 3% of cisco employees have CCIE.

So, plan your learning around CCIE.

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ absolutely .. very true. man.

@crystalboi and after CCIE Security .. you can only imagine the package in dreams ;)

Edburg

In the zone
i was a cisco freak some 1-2 yrs ago.....colected lots of materials and learned some....

but now i have left all things....

Edburg

In the zone
^^ no i was tremendously interested and also was going along great....

but i dint know anyone in networking industry and i the initial job offfers for it were not that good tho its great after some expereionce....

but the important reason is that i got selected in cognizant.....the interviewer himself asked me to go in s/w field rather than networking that i told him i was interested in......

even now if i get a good enuf offer in n/w field then i will definitely go for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom