Chromebook Review: Samsung Series 5

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Source: ZD Net and CNET

Chromebook have made their debut; now here comes the first review of Chromebook: The first Chromebook Review: Samsung Series 5

Here is another review on the same Chromebook: Samsung Chromebook Series 5

What is a chromebook?
Chromebooks are built and optimized for the web, where you already spend most of your computing time. So you get a faster, simpler and more secure experience without all the headaches of ordinary computers.
Official Google Chromebook link: Google Chromebook

OP
Prime_Coder

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
This device is meant for those persons who are always on the move, & have a 24/7 Internet connection. It is expensive too. :-(

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Agree that, Chrome Notebooks require always on Internet Connection, but the concept, that it always requires "High Speed Internet" is a myth.
So, I think, those CAN become a hit in a niche category of consumers.

And with $429: I don't think, it's THAT expensive :?

OP
Prime_Coder

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Chrome Notebooks requires "High Speed Internet" is a myth.
So, I think, those CAN become a hit in a niche category of consumers.

And with $429: I don't think, it's THAT expensive.
Yeah, I do agree with you on this regard. But, faster net connection will make the users happy. What's the point in spending 15k to 20k approx on a device, and if we have to wait for web pages containing flash or highly scripted web page?
This device is meant to be used as only a tablet which has only a browser installed and all things need to do over the web. May be their strategy is to make users subscribe to cloud services and use these service along with this device.
So, it becomes clear that it needs faster net connection (though not compulsory).

Top Bottom