Choosing the right combination…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Mabe this question has been answar before.... but every system has its own use & requerments..... thats why i'm asking it.... do reply....

I am curently on 256 MB 400Mhz DDR on A7V8X MX - SE mobo with batron 2600+....... now as i am using winXP SP2 along with NIS 05.... & i have quite a few software installed so the system runs real slow now (Takes 20 scroll to load winXP SP2)...... I am a weak-end gamer....

so i have to upgrad now...... now the question is to choose right thing that is requard for my system....... now i have 2 things in my mind

1. 256 DDR + 8x 128 bit 128MB grphics card
2. Sale the 256 MB 400Mhz DDR & then get 512 MB 333Mhz DDR + 8x 128 bit 128MB grphics card.

now my MB doesnt support 400Mhz..... i didnt knew it at time when i bought the system neither that hynix RAMs has different manufacturer..... so i got a "Kings" 400Mhz DDR..... now i am worryed that if i buy a 333Mhz ZION RAM (suggest me a good cheap brand) this time it wont match this time.... so suggest me what should i do about the RAM.....

now about the graphics card buget is around 3500 to 4000..... now i have a card on my mind that is MSI Geforce FX5200 TD-128.... now is this card mets my demand?? or can u suggest me any other card??

thnx.....

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
If your system doesn't meet your demands,be more specific and specify which software run and how do different games perform.

To play todays games acceptably,will you be satisfied with an entry level video card?

Also, in Delhi and Mumbai 512mb ddr 400 kingston is for 3100

saurav_cheeta

Sorry mate, but it's about time you and a couple of other regulars on these
forums learnt that -

1. Using all capitals or all bold letters to type messages/titles is equivalent
to SHOUTING. And that's being downright rude to others.

2. Try typing your message in a word processor first and run a spell check
before posting. Some forums/bulletin boards have integrated spell checkers
(Moderators, are you listening?? :wink:)

Cheers,
Keith

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Keith Sebastian

got ur 1st point.... so removing the bold option.... but culdnt cop with ur 2nd one mate.... in here we comuneket with each other.... & not every cybercafes have the wordprocessor.....

@akshayt

o play todays games acceptably,will you be satisfied with an entry level video card?

yes... if the card can run all the games in lowest mode i will be happy..... as i mentioned early i am a weak-end gamer..... so if the game runs even in the lowest config i will be happy.....

now i wanted to know what kind of card i could find in that price range......

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Saurav, i dint get ur point completely. Frm wot u have written u are asking whether different brand memory will work together or are you asking whether memory rated @ different speeds will work together ?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Saurav, i dint get ur point completely. Frm wot u have written u are asking whether different brand memory will work together or are you asking whether memory rated @ different speeds will work together ?

both..... & sugetion about what will be better
Sale the 256 MB 400Mhz DDR & then get 512 MB 333Mhz DDR

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
saurav_cheeta said:

both..... & sugetion about what will be better
Sale the 256 MB 400Mhz DDR & then get 512 MB 333Mhz DDR

Yes both conditions will work. Different brands as well as different speeds. The 400Mhz one must have been already downclocked to 333Mhz since your mobo/proccy doesnt support ddr400.

for the other Q i say it all depends on your budget. If you plan to add more memory later then getting a single 512Mb stick will be better and if not get a single 256Mb stick and save your money.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
saurav_cheeta said:
... if the card can run all the games in lowest mode i will be happy..... as i mentioned early i am a weak-end gamer..... so if the game runs even in the lowest config i will be happy.....

now i wanted to know what kind of card i could find in that price range......
The FX5200 will do nicely for your purpose. I've installed quite a few XFX FX5200/128MB cards for people who cannot afford a good card but want to play current games. Games like Doom 3, AoE, NFSU run quite well at low to medium settings.

The XFX card, specifically their model PV-T34K-NTHG, cost me 2450/-. This may differ from place to place but should be below 3k except perhaps in a small remote town.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I've installed quite a few XFX FX5200/128MB cards for people who cannot afford a good card but want to play current games. Games like Doom 3, AoE, NFSU run quite well at low to medium settings.

i dont know much about cards so i thought it would be good Idia to go with digit mag review & forum suggetion..... so tell me which one is better both from performance & cost MSI FX5200 128-TD or the XFX FX5200/128MB?? as digit mag reviewd the MSI performed better than XFX on the 128MB section.....

& i'm from Kolkata....

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
XFX has many different versions of the FX5200. Digit didn't specify which model they tested. The one I mentioned is the 64-bit version which has a lower performance compared to the 128-bit version, but note that it also costs significantly less.

It's really upto you to balance price against performance and decide which version you want to go for. MSI and XFX are both well known for their graphics cards, and there shouldn't be a major difference in performance between similar cards from the two manufacturers. There will always be a gap of a few points either way, but it's usually not noticeable in normal use.

You could also go for an FX5700LE which will cost about 5.5k in Kolkata.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
pimpom said:
You could also go for an FX5700LE which will cost about 5.5k in Kolkata.

MSI definately is a better one to go with if u comapre it with XFX..
but considering $$$ we have to spend..then XFX is not a bad bet either!!

FX 5700 plain is 5200 ((128MB))
FX 5200 LE is 5500 ((128MB))
FX 5700 ultra is for 6900 ((256MB))

@delhi rates!

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MSI definately is a better one to go with if u comapre it with XFX..
but considering $$$ we have to spend..then XFX is not a bad bet either!!

FX 5700 plain is 5200 ((128MB))
FX 5200 LE is 5500 ((128MB))
FX 5700 ultra is for 6900 ((256MB))

@delhi rates!

i know guyes.... as high i can go is better.... but my budget is under 3500..... so try to suggest cards in that price.... &

@pimpom

r all the cards in FX5200 is 64bit??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
saurav_cheeta said:
Nope Definetly Not.You Have a 128-bit Fx5200 as well which has comparatively better performance over the 64-bit version :wink:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
saurav_cheeta said:
Nope Definetly Not.You Have a 128-bit Fx5200 as well which has comparatively better performance over the 64-bit version :wink:

128bit will cross over his limit of 3.5 ... so i guess its 64 bit as of now for the price of around 2.2 to 2.6 depending on the location..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Agreed, g_devil. That's why I suggested the XFX PV-T34K-NTHG in the first place. I only mentioned the FX5700LE in passing to present a proper perspective on the options available.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
grinning_devil said:
128bit will cross over his limit of 3.5 ... so i guess its 64 bit as of now for the price of around 2.2 to 2.6 depending on the location..

Are Yaar grinnie i wasnt suggesting him to buy that one but i was meerly informing him that there is a 128-bit Version of FX5200 :wink:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Are Yaar grinnie i wasnt suggesting him to buy that one but i was meerly informing him that there is a 128-bit Version of FX5200 Wink

thnx for that... but grinnie was right.... realy 128-bit version is out of my rich...

well i called my hardware vendor (Suprime Technologies)...... for the XFX FX5200 PV-T34K-NTHG 128MB they asked 2650+ 4% VAT (yaar why should a buyer pay VAT??)...... & for MSI FX5200 TD-128 they said out of stock (bqz of the strike) wait till tomorrow.....

is that price justified?? if not any good store to look for in Kolkata??

can any one give me links (web site) for the detailed config for those cards?? does XFX PV-T34K-NTHG has a TV out port??

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@saurav_cheeta...check out the foll link.complete details abt the card
are there...
*www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=279

EDITED:....PS... card does have a DVI-connector as well as TV-out

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The PV-T34K-NTHG does not have DVI-out, but there are other versions that do, such as the PV-T34K-NA which is probably somewhat more costly (I don't have the current price ATM).

The PV-T34K-NTHG does have TV-out in the form of S-Video. It also includes an S-Video-to-composite adapter cable that enables you to connect to an RCA-plug type video-in connector which is more common on TVs in India.

I got the PV-T34K-NTHG for 2450/- from my source in Kolkata a couple of weeks ago. I'm not from Kolkata but I have some contacts there. If intersted, PM me and include your email address.

The link given by grinnie gives a good overall picture of the capabilities and limitations of an FX5200, but the review was done 2 years ago, probably before Pine (XFX) introduced all those different variants.

To check out what versions are available under the XFX brand, go to *www.xfxforce.com/products.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom