Choosing the best Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparash

Broken In
Hello Gurus,

My bundled trend security subscription expires today and I am in desperate need of the perfect antivirus(if smthing as such exists) for my Vaio. I am running windows 7 hp x64. do the free ones such as MSE and Bitguard stand a chance against Norton and McAffee?

Options I have considered(in order of decreasing likingness :)):
Microsoft Security Essentials
Kaspersky Free Edition
trend micro security
McAffee
Norton

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
MSE is a basic AV with the basic stuff. if you want firewall & a few addons that you may never use, look out for KIS, NIS, etc.

but if you want a no-nonsense AV, get MSE. incase you want a light on system, having option to configure the protection level to your wish, check Avast & Avira. both are free yet better than most paid AVS.

BTW, this section is for posting tutorials, not asking for security solutions. moving to Software section :smile:

RahulB

Journeyman
There is no such think as a Perfect Anti-virus aparash, however from personal experience I have been using Avast for the past 5 years and it gave me no problems...

Don't recommend MSE since made by Microsoft so I guess it ties to the OS more deeply than other anti-virus sofware...

Most important thing of all is that stay vigilant, that is the best way to protect your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom