Choosing between HD Ready & Full HD LED TV

Within a budget of Rs 20000 (for the TV), which is better choice? Buy a Non Smart TV from Big Brands like Samsung, Sony etc & an Android Smart TV Box or buy an Android TV from brands like Realme, HiSense, TCL etc?
If you aren't in a big city with service centres for small brands, try to find a Full HD TV from a bigger brand. Add a Fire Stick to make it smart.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Which OS is better for smart TV? Android or Other OS such as Tizen, WebOS, Patchwall etc?

If you need it for normal viewing like netflix etc. Then go for Tizen etc. If you want to sideload custom apps, Then go for Android. Android will not be as fast and as optimised like others. But You always have an option for Android TV box.

Which OS is better for smart TV? Android or Other OS such as Tizen, WebOS, Patchwall etc?
Patchwall is a custom skin over android TV like you get on phones. Android doesn't have app problem. Tizen & WebOS are the best non-android OS in terms of app support, IMO avoid other non-android OS unless the panel & price are great & you are fine investing on something like Mi TV box or Fire Stick.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
The
If you need it for normal viewing like netflix etc. Then go for Tizen etc. If you want to sideload custom apps, Then go for Android. Android will not be as fast and as optimised like others. But You always have an option for Android TV box.
You mean Android TV Box is better optimised than Android Smart TVs?

The

You mean Android TV Box is better optimised than Android Smart TVs?
Not the case. For non-android TVs, you can get a 3rd party android TV box/stick. No pointing buying for an android TV, unless its an old one. Fire Stick is android based but doesn't have Play Store.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I have never used one, But they most probably are not. It is just incase u need android with a cheap Non smart tv. Otherwise Just get a RPi with kodi. Everything works.
RPi, Arduino or any are better option compared to those chinese android boxes..

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
What is your opinion about this TV? 43" P715. Apart from Motorola ZX2 series this seems the next option having 2 GB RAM. This is a 4K TV, not every video/programs I watch is available in 4K & also not sure if my internet speed (mostly around 25 Mbps) to can handle 4K & mostly I watch 720 or 1080.

What is your opinion about this TV? 43" P715. Apart from Motorola ZX2 series this seems the next option having 2 GB RAM. This is a 4K TV, not every video/programs I watch is available in 4K & also not sure if my internet speed (mostly around 25 Mbps) to can handle 4K & mostly I watch 720 or 1080.
TCL doesn't bring good TVs to India, lots of quality control issues. Otherwise, they have good TVs in China, US & maybe EU.

If you can spend 30k, get the new Nokia 4K TV with Onkyo soundbar.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
TCL doesn't bring good TVs to India, lots of quality control issues. Otherwise, they have good TVs in China, US & maybe EU.

If you can spend 30k, get the new Nokia 4K TV with Onkyo soundbar.
can't spend that much, what about the 43 inch FHD Nokia TV?

Expensive at 26k. Again any & all small TV brands will lack service centres in small towns & cities.

This is the Panasonic TV that I told you to check earlier:
Panasonic 100cm (40 inch) Full HD LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India

If you are going for smaller brands, just get the Motorola one (new model).

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
in my opinion,
For under 20k, FHD 32" inch should be your choice.
Budget branded (Sony, LG, Samsung etc) TV were on sale.
Above 20k you should look for budget 4k 43" tv.
Market is hot for 43" - 50" 4k range tv for both branded and non branded
Wait for November, as vu tvs arriving.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
in my opinion,
For under 20k, FHD 32" inch should be your choice.
Budget branded (Sony, LG, Samsung etc) TV were on sale.
Above 20k you should look for budget 4k 43" tv.
Market is hot for 43" - 50" 4k range tv for both branded and non branded
Wait for November, as vu tvs arriving.
You mean Non Smart TVs? or the ones powered by Tizen/WebOS in Samsung & LG respectively? & Sony doesn't seem to have Smart TVs in budget segment

You mean Non Smart TVs? or the ones powered by Tizen/WebOS in Samsung & LG respectively? & Sony doesn't seem to have Smart TVs in budget segment
Among big brands, I think only Panasonic has a budget 1080p TV near 20k, which I listed earlier. At this time, getting a non-smart TV is tough as it won't add much to price of the TV & is almost a must-have feature now. The panel is the most expensive part of a TV.

Top Bottom