CHKDSK error

Status
Not open for further replies.

saikibryan

Journeyman
i've freshly installed xp abt 2 days back, during that i've also fixed MBR and BOOT(fixmbr & fixboot). now every time during windows startup windows is checkin drive D for error only, while drive D contains only back ups material. syastem files r in drive C as usual...it's happening everytime after boot, how do i get rid of this??????

OP
saikibryan

saikibryan

Journeyman
nope D drive as well da others in NTFS

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
do you use any third party maintaince sw like System Mechanic

Else *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=357089&postcount=2
is a goo answer for you...

anandk

Distinguished Member
let it run once completely.

then try this :
run regedit
Edit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager
Change the BootExecute entry from:
autocheck autochk * /.........
To:
autocheck autochk *

or else try this :
Start> Run> bring up a command prompt by typing in "CMD" and type " fsutil dirty query d: ". This queries the drive, and more than likely it will tell you that it is dirty. Next, type "CHKNTFS /X D:". The X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive (D) on the next reboot. At this time, manually reboot your computer, it should not do a Chkdsk and take you directly to Windows.

Once Windows has fully loaded, bring up another CMD prompt and type and now you want to do a Chkdsk manually by typing "Chkdsk /f /r d:". This should take you through 5 stages of the scan and will unset that dirty bit. Finally, type "fsutil dirty query d:" and Windows will confirm that the dirty bit is not set on that drive.

OP
saikibryan

saikibryan

Journeyman
@shailesh
no i dont use thrid party disk manager...

@anandk
thanx for ur concern, i've seen ur post
think it should solve my probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom