ChipSet Fan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Power

Broken In
The Config -

MoBo - Asus A8N SLI Deluxe - 939 Soccket.

BIOS - Asus A8N SLI Deluxe ACPI BIOS Revision 1006 - Release - 03/03/05

800 Mhz - FSB.

AMD Athlon 64 - 3200+ - 939 Pin.

512 * 2 DDR RAM - Dual Channel Hynix - 400 Mhz.

160 GB - Seagate SATA HDD.

Win XP with SP2.

I have these monitoring software installed on my PC - these software came with the MoBo

Asus Probe 2
Asus AI Booster

The Problem -

I got a warning on ASUS Probe saying that the chipset fan speed is below minimum threshold.

I also heard creaking sounds in the CPU.

Then, After a few minutes, the fan was at 10,000 RPMs.
And the noise was gone.

When I checked - both the softwares were showing the same fan speed.

When I booted up the next day I got this Message -

"Warning - ChipSet Fan has stopped or is too slow.

Press F1 to Continue"

How do I solve this?

Plz Help :cry:

ThanX in Adv.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
looks like ur fan is bein obstructed by something

and 10,000 rpm wow
thts the first time i have heard of tht kinda speed

check it physically and post back ....

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It's almost certainly the cheap chipset fan problem with the A8N ver1 mobos. My A8NE ver1 chipset fan too died a noisy death. Just go to your dealer and tell him that you need a replacement fan. I got mine after two moths of complaining.
The fan is pretty worthless. Infact, just unscrew the fan and leave the heat spreader there and temperatures will drop to less than when you had the fan. In any case, keep an eye on the mobo temperature.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
siriusb said:
It's almost certainly the cheap chipset fan problem with the A8N ver1 mobos. My A8NE ver1 chipset fan too died a noisy death. Just go to your dealer and tell him that you need a replacement fan. I got mine after two moths of complaining.
The fan is pretty worthless. Infact, just unscrew the fan and leave the heat spreader there and temperatures will drop to less than when you had the fan. In any case, keep an eye on the mobo temperature.

It seems the problem was there only in the early versions of the A8N-E. My Version 2 motherboard's chipset fan is no at all noisy even when it runs @ 3500+ speeds. BTW my Asus Probe 2.24.02 does not show the chipst fan speed but shows all others. I have to check it from bios.

V.Prem Kumar

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm ya dude you facing the problem that countless other users of a8n sli deluxe mobo are faced with..
me too own the board.
got the fan replaced.. too .. but it was the same .. so it again giving my rpoblems now. just 5 months after the replacement.
replacement only took 4 days for me.... here in mumbai. so i think i`ll go again ..
but i just hate to see 4 days go by without any downloads!!!!

and i hope this time they replace with the fan that janitha`s mobo came with..

for the time being just shut off that alarm for chipset fan running low in the bios.. i dont use it anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom