Chip Forum gonna shut down in a few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
There was no proper moderation.I never visited that forum twice.
heh, on the flipside, we have people yelling about too much moderation.

Being a moderator is like cleaning up the dung that keeps falling down on your face while still cleaning. No matter what you do, you always end up being covered in shІt

krow said:
Chip forum was not competition to our forum. So it wont affect us.

TIL there was some nuclear arms race between forums.

Disagree.

heh, on the flipside, we have people yelling about too much moderation.

Being a moderator is like cleaning up the dung that keeps falling down on your face while still cleaning. No matter what you do, you always end up being covered in shІt

TIL there was some nuclear arms race between forums.

If you guys remember then i think years back there was some sort of spamming attack on that forum.I myself saw threads opened uselessly.Then to clean up the mess the forum was shut down for days.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
^^ never happened on Chip. Maybe this, one *shrugs*.

The few times Chip was shut down was it was defaced. Forum was down for 3months. Whatever little traffic that was there was all lost.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Yeah, I was referring to @dragonslayer's post, should've quoted.

And yeah, me & ico have exchanged spammers lists' and IPs :p all to keep the forums clean of the regular cra.p.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I once asked Dr.Chip for some buying advice..I got a reply from him after 1-2 months after i bought that laptop

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
You do realize Dr. Chip is fictional? And I can't imagine the volumes of (badly-written, incomplete info & other crap) email that email address gets. I mean look at the stuff that gets posted on the forums. It'd be impossible to reply to every one of them.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
You do realize Dr. Chip is fictional? And I can't imagine the volumes of (badly-written, incomplete info & other crap) email that email address gets. I mean look at the stuff that gets posted on the forums. It'd be impossible to reply to every one of them.

Yeah i Know that.
But Chip Magazine Will live long i hope so

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Their forum is not good,But their magazine is actually better than digit(Dont ban me for this)In terms of qualtiy,presentation and content :D

While partially endorsing your views,I beg to differ on magazine, because for me IC-Chip and thinkdigit are more or less equal(again my own personal opinion and views).
Thinkdigit forum is far ahead than IC-Chip's,(as I was a member there... now defunct) as per as the arrangement & sorting of threads,member's response,Administrator's liberal policies,etc. are concerned.

The most great aspect regarding thinkdigit's forum is, member's active support and Administrator's eagerness to help "newbies" and the other members without any undue "SARCASM", "Trolling" and "BIASED Views".Even if they are present,that is very ,very negligible compared to Positive views and justified information/facts.
These(sarcasm,biasedness,arrogant traits and behaviour...etc),negative aspects were very much present in IC-Chip's Forum.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
While partially endorsing your views,I beg to differ on magazine, because for me IC-Chip and thinkdigit are more or less equal(again my own personal opinion and views).
Thinkdigit forum is far ahead than IC-Chip's,(as I was a member there... now defunct) as per as the arrangement & sorting of threads,member's response,Administrator's liberal policies,etc. are concerned.

The most great aspect regarding thinkdigit's forum is, member's active support and Administrator's eagerness to help "newbies" and the other members without any undue "SARCASIM", "Trolling" and "BIASED Views".Even if they are present,that is very ,very negligible compared to Positive views and justified information/facts.
These(sarcasim,biasedness,arrogant traits and behaviour...etc),negative aspects were very much present in IC-Chip's Forum.

The few times I visited Chip forum, that was exactly the situation (And that is the situation in quite a few forums I have seen, they are almost being held captive by a handful of users). Never really went back. And this was the situation in TDF at one time too. I never thought I would ever return to here also, but that's exactly what happened. Kudos to the admin and mod team. :toast: Sometimes some users may feel aggrieved but this forum is a much much better place now.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My Hearty Thanks, also to Administrator and Moderator teams of "thinkdigit" Forum.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
the mods and admins of tdf are really good..... thats the best point of tdf.... :D
i also use xda but its admin have already written noobs in dislike so no point of asking them basic question, also almost every senior member of xda just troll whereas at tdf even if you ask how to turn computer on/off then you will get answer without troll.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom