Chinese MP4 player question

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I see there are truck loads of mp4 players are floating around at ebay. Some of them are 8GB selling as low as Rs. 2000/- so does anyone have any idea? do they really have 8GB? whats the cache?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
What they say as 1 GB is really 256 MB compressed or atmost 512 MB. The sound quality is crap. And if you format the player even once, then the player will not wake up again.:D

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^very true, stay off them. better go in for branded ones. u can get a creative zen 5gig player online for as low as 3.5k.(dont remember who had posted it tho)

OP
amitava82

amitava82

MMO Addict
Ya its on sify.. Im concerned about sound quality.. I like MegaBass. 5GB for 3.5K only, thats why i'm concerned about sound quality..

A@$h!$H

Right off the assembly line
Capacities mentioned are just the lure, their manufacturers have managed to play with da softwares , so they appear to have mammoth capacities. actual capacity will surely reduce to 256 - 512 mb when formated.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Chinese players are waste of money & nothing else.
Either get a branded player like Transcend T-sonic 610 or creative zen.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
luk dude...if ur planing to buy sum MP4 player frm ebay den plz dont go for those chinese one 'cause dey have fake memory and r useless after sum time....

I would suggest u to buy a JXD PMP which wud cost u aroung Rs2800/- with a decent camera....i own one and its sound and video playback rocks....

expertno.1

Technomancer
ma friend bought 8 GB ipod look like player @Rs. 1100 frm Gumanpura Kota (Rajasthan)

and it is till now working fine....plus it acts as a pen drive too !! i.e 8 GB pendrive.....but trasnfer speed is slow ......

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I just hate fake electronics.Earlier in 2005, I wanted to buy Nokia 3530(At that time it was among the good ones) It's price was something like 9-9.5k.I was going through stores looking for appropriate prices.Then when I stood up in a small store (Sure,you can't expect fake models being sold in Nokia and Sony Ericsson showrooms).That guy tempted me into buying a fake one by mentioning its price as 6K.He told me it has all the features of 3530,But no warranty.I agreed and buyed it and when I went home, I found its voice quality VERY WEAK.Ew.

@Expertno.1

It wont be an Ipod if its fake.It will be "Ipod"

expertno.1

Technomancer
:shock:
Count Dracula said:
@Expertno.1

It wont be an Ipod if its fake.It will be "Ipod"

dude i know what an ipod is coz i own one......:p

the fake one of mine friend's look like ipod doesn't has touchpad working.....instead there are 4 buttons at 4 corners....only the shape is of ipod.....i will upload the pic soon......;)

Thanks
Regards.....
Expetno.1

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Abhishek Dwivedi said:
luk dude...if ur planing to buy sum MP4 player frm ebay den plz dont go for those chinese one 'cause dey have fake memory and r useless after sum time....

I would suggest u to buy a JXD PMP which wud cost u aroung Rs2800/- with a decent camera....i own one and its sound and video playback rocks....

What JXD model did you buy ?

Mine is 685 recently bought which has a 180 deg rotatable camera and cost 3400/-

Overall the product is very good.

Here is a shot taken from my poor 6600 vga cam

*img232.imageshack.us/img232/6628/2007014copyjz3.jpg

sourav237

Journeyman
"the fake one of mine friend's look like ipod doesn't has touchpad working.....instead there are 4 buttons at 4 corners....only the shape is of ipod....." Yes expertno 1 is absolutely right.it's look like ipod. I'v seen it . But it's very problematic

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
why doesnt digit review these players??? it will be a good wake up call to the public about those chinese players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom