Nvidia Geforce FX 6600 (XFX)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
U shld go Lite-on DVD writer or Pioneer DVD writer

If u have money go for Altec Lansing speakers

expext for these ur rig is good

Ringwraith

Journeyman
depends on ur requirements....isnt it? the config u have shud work well for video encoding/animations/archiving, but if u plan to game, u shud get a different config....like getting a lower rated amd64 (3200+) and use the extra money on a 6600GT.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Try to change u r speaker if possible to altec 5.1.....i suggest to go for AMD 64bit Config ......... 8) 8) 8)

geek

Broken In
Do consider a socket 939 amd 64 based rig.......it beats an intel system anyday.

RAM - Try getting transcend or kingnston brand

Optical Drives : avoid samsung, go for sony or liteon

Speakers : creative is good but altec lansing are better

enjoy

How much does this cost?

Intel PIV 3.4 GHz 800Mhz FSB
Intel D915GAV Mobo

Substitute it with a cheaper AMD64 option and get a 6600GT instead of 6600 Vanilla.

You'll end up with a better gaming rig, that runs cooler than your original config.

Speakers - If Creative insist on Inspire 2500 (2.1). Else, get ATP3 from AL.

Cheers,
Keith

mohit

The Hardware Labs
If you want intel change the mobo and go for a Asus mobo. and as u r buying a graphics card , dont go for a mobo with onboard video. Mobos without onboard vga give greater perfomance and asus is d best.

Also make sure u buy the new intel procc with 64 bit support as well as 2 MB L2 Cache memories.

And as already said go for a 6600 gt if in ur budget. or go for cheaper n better (gaming) AMD and get a 6600gt.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
160gb seagate sata ncq for 4150 if yours supports that is

also,intel is better than amd in almost /every thing except gaming
take a 3.2ghz over amd 3500 winchester if 64bit is no issuse

but for gaming = amd

rohanbee

Padawan
Good system.........
If possible make these changes when and whenever possible
get a 6600gt much much better preformance
get a dvd rw drive
increase ram to atleast 1 gb and preferably any other brand than hynix
maybe a wireless keyboard and mouse eventually

but then again this is just my opinion and at the end of the day be happy with what you got...........otherwise theres no end to what you could have bought and ppl lilke us telling u what you should have bought,
cheers

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
hynix d43 has timings 3 4 4 8 for mine

consider corsair value select iif supported
or transcend if supported

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Never think of Samsung products. They are hell of the worst. Even local products are better.
Go for AMD 3200+ or 3500+. It si sure to deliver nd will satisfy U.

rohanbee

Padawan
heheh you seem to have burnt deep by some samsung dealer...........happened to me too...
but
whats your story.

rohanbee

Padawan
yes thats true khubbu, its the comfort level. All said and done it is still a brand that has had strong presence over the years. I still rely on it. Over night you cannot build and brand and you cannot forget/ demolish it. It takes time and bad mistakes if the latter half has to be achieved. Overall intel is still a leader in this segment and will be unless things start to go horribly wrong. They know their market and how to move it to their advantage. Take the example of maruti, everyone said their days were numbered when the likes of hyundai, honda, daewoo came into the market. Yes, their market shares have dipped but that has just made them stronger and at the end of the day they still are the market leaders. This fact fact just gets asserted when they come up with a clear winner once in a while like the SWIFT. they had alse a lot of croppers like the wagoon r, baleno etc. Same is the case with the pentium/intel there will be disasters but they will come back and give us a jewel once in a while.
When they stop doing that the customer will eventuvally realise it and look for better options namely amd, cyrix etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom