Cheapest PC config needed budget : 10K

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi Guys

I already own a laptop but need a cheapest assembled PC for downloading and watching movies..I already have 2.1 speakers
Could you please suggest configuration with pricing for cheapest PC

Processor should be Intel

Max budget : 10K

Rgds
Sumit

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Fill this up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

anyways 10k will be a bit less for watching movies(HD)

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Used mainly for downloading torrents. Will be used for watching movies + light gaming

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:10K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win XP

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 320 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 19 " LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers 2.1

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nehru Place Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Do I need UPS really ??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes you need UPS(quite important for download rigs imo)

Anyways 10k for full rig with monitor and HDD too less IMO. Would recommend you to look at a local 2nd hand market.
Anyway give this thread a read if you want a bit of an alternate route click me

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Not really possible with a LED display. Have to shell out more.....

Motherboard : P8H 61-MLX - Rs 2700
Processor : Intel® Pentium® Processor G645- Rs 3300
OR
Gigabyte E350N - Rs 4000
And
Ram : Corsair Value Select 2GB- Rs 728
HDD : WD 500GB - Rs 3400
DvD writer : Samsung - Rs 950
PSU CABINET : iBall - Rs 1350
Keyboard & Mouse - iBall/Enter Rs 300
Monitor - AOC 19" LED (951F) - Rs 5000

Rs 17,728 / Rs 15,728.

IMO the Intel for Rs 2000 more makes a more sensible buy.If its just torrents better get or make a cheap NAS box.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Thanks All..reviving this thread..budget increased to 15K.... PC needed for browsing,watching movies,casual gaming, dloading torrents..thanks !

Naxal

Little Kid
^^^

Dont sell your laptop, keep on using it as lowest possible budget maiking sense will touch that 18/20k mark.

Intel Dual Core G645 @ Rs. 3,500.00
MSI H61M-P21 (B3) @ Rs. 2,700.00
G.Skill Value RAM 4GB DDR3 @ Rs. 1,100.00
WD5000AAKX 500GB (Blue) @ Rs. 3,400.00 -> Adding 500 more will get you a 1TB
DVD RW @ Rs. 800.00
Local Cabinet + PSU @ Rs. 1,500.00
LCD / TFT 18.5" @ Rs. 5,000.00
Keyboard Mouse @ Rs. 700.00
Local UPS @ Rs. 1,600.00

Total Comes around 20k

Better to keep on using that Acer AMD based laptop you have put up for sale in bazar.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
thnx naxal but laptop is not for heavy duty usage like 24*7 downloading torrents...so wants a desktop now

Naxal

Little Kid
thnx naxal but laptop is not for heavy duty usage like 24*7 downloading torrents...so wants a desktop now

Dont mind, most of us plan opposite.

Laptop -> Less power.
Desptop -> A lot of power.

Laptop -> Bigger battery, power adopter meaning less worry for unattended running 24x7 running
Desptop -> Less protection from power cuts and may need expensive PSU / UPS for 24x7 unattended running

Anyway, its your choice, as I said, eye for a 20k price range otherwise you have to settle for Intel Atom based system. (good for nothing :p)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^i use intel atom(single core) win 7 system for regular stuff like browsing,downloading,watching movies(usual xvid/divx not 720p/1080p hd) & it works fine & consume only ~70w(excluding monitor) which is same as a laptop with graphics card.intel pentium G series processor is much more powerful than atom & only adds ~40w.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hmm but laptops are delicate..keyboards are delicate, heating issues etc come which are not prevalent in desktop..cleaning a desktop is much more easy as compared to laptop..only disadvantage is movement of desktop but that can also be overcome if u disassemble parts ...20k is also OK..how will be core2duo processor ? how much rupees extra..is their any website which tells good combo of intel processors n motherboards with price ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^have you not read my post & others?core2duo is outdated & no match for a pentium G processor.a pentium G processor is more than enough for all your needs with a mobo like gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H.you can get both for ~3000 each(or even less) in nehru place so in ~6000 you can get a processor+mobo combo enough for all your needs.

Naxal

Little Kid
Sumit Kumar said:
0k is also OK..how will be core2duo processor ? how much rupees extra..is their any website which tells good combo of intel processors n motherboards with price ?

C2D LGA775 systems are out dated and over priced compare to the performance offered with Intel Pentium G6xx processors

Intel Dual Core G645 @ Rs. 3,500.00
MSI H61M-P21 (B3) @ Rs. 2,700.00
G.Skill Value RAM 4GB DDR3 @ Rs. 1,100.00
WD5000AAKX 500GB (Blue) @ Rs. 3,400.00 -> Adding 500 more will get you a 1TB
DVD RW @ Rs. 800.00
Local Cabinet + PSU @ Rs. 1,500.00
Keyboard Mouse @ Rs. 700.00
Local UPS @ Rs. 1,600.00

Above config should come within 20k even with a 1TB HDD if bought from local market.

setu4993

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Used mainly for downloading torrents. Will be used for watching movies + light gaming

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:10K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win XP

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 320 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 19 " LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers 2.1

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nehru Place Delhi

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Do I need UPS really ??

Why not a Raspberry Pi? The only thing that'll be an issue will be running XP, but for downloading torrents, I don't think it'd have any sort of a problem.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^because I want a full fledged PC now ...

@naxal..which DVD writer is gud and which LCD brand..does LCD come with web cam installed like laptop ?

DVD RW @ Rs. 800.00

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
asus dvd writer is considered by many here as best.for lcd always take a demo before buying preferably with some of your own video clips to test.cost2cost has many lcd monitors on display to check out.in lower priced models take a look at dell & benq.

Naxal

Little Kid
@Sumit Kumar

LG DVD RW are sold at Rs. 800 in Kolkata market, I guess you are from Delhi, so it would be similar there if not less you may find.

BenQ / View Sonic / LG / AOC, all have their basic range in that 5k price range. but since you want a full PC, that too possibly for watching movies, then you may spend few more bucks to opt for LED based 22" display, they are at around Rs. 7500~8000 price range.

Take a demo of the display in shop, chose the one you think will satisfy your need.

These 18.5" 5k displays are good for office works and basic media playing but they may not offer a better viewing experiences as good as with those 8k LED/LCD, but then again, take a demo, since lower priced products are not that bad either :p

Top Bottom